The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta (“Foundation”) strengthens its region by providing quality services to donors and innovative leadership on community issues. The GoATL Evolution, an initiative of the Foundation, is an impact investment strategy designed to accelerate and sustain social outcomes in our community by investing capital to achieve both a positive social impact and a financial return. GoATL Evolution includes three innovative fund models, including the GoATL Fund, that provide cost-effective loan and equity capital to address our region’s most critical needs in affordable housing, economic inclusion and community capacity.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Impact Investment Manager is responsible for managing the impact investment portfolio and daily operations of the GoATL Fund, The Foundation’s original fund model. The Impact Investment Manager advances the Foundation’s goals and community impact through effectively managing asset quality while also positioning the fund to scale social and financial outcomes. Core areas of responsibility include management of the relationships with investment partners, developing new investment opportunities and organization of processes necessary to ensure timely and accurate evaluation and reporting.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Portfolio management, including effective management of:
- Due diligence, underwriting, investment documentation and closings
- Monitor, report and evaluate individual impact investments and consolidated reports
- Prepare investment memorandums and supporting documents for the Foundation’s committees meetings and the internal GoATL team
- Develop, maintain and nurture internal partnerships essential to supporting the management of above items
- Manage relationships with investment partners to enhance and expand opportunities for deploying new investments
- Lead outreach and development of relationships with new intermediaries and community development partners for the GoATL Fund
- Manage daily operations and processes of the GoATL Evolution initiative, including working with internal and external partners to organize the systems to support reporting, compliance, impact evaluation and communication of portfolio performance and returns
- In collaboration with the Managing Director, assist in the management of:
- Capital raising opportunities with Foundation donors, local and national foundations, corporations, public sector partners and other private and institutional investors
- Outreach, education, communications and partnership development with external stakeholders interested in advancing the practice of impact investing, including engagement with the Georgia Social Impact Collaborative (GSIC)
- Generally assist CFGA, the internal GoATL team and the Managing Director as needed to advance the mission of the organization
- The position will gain additional responsibilities and functions as the GoATL initiative grows
Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in the nonprofit, impact investment, commercial banking or financial services sectors
- Experience managing or administering systems and processes related to loan, impact or grant portfolios
- Ability to research and synthesize impact data, financial performance, industry trends and developments, and organize reports accordingly
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, manage and foster internal and external relationships
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams), and the ability to effectively utilize proprietary software, including project management, fund management and CRM systems
- Excellent ability to organize and prioritize daily work and multiple requests/assignments while managing long-term strategic projects
- Proficient writing, editing and proofreading skills with the ability to gather and organize information appropriately
- A high degree of professionalism, confidence and flexibility that exhibit the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with stakeholders and colleagues of diverse backgrounds
- Clear commitment to equity of opportunity as well as a genuine respect for diversity, equity and inclusion
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred
- Preferred completion of study in business, finance, public policy, nonprofit management or related field
To Apply: Please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “CFGA Impact Investment Manager”.
Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta values diversity, equity and inclusion; therefore, we honor the diverse needs, strengths, voices, and backgrounds of all individuals in our regional community.