Immediately Hiring Nonprofit Campaign Jobs in our Denver campaign office!
Experience canvassing or in political campaign work is not necessary, but a passion for social and environmental change is!
As a nonprofit campaign canvasser, you will:
- Take out a team of canvassers and canvass alongside your team every day. You will: educate and engage citizens on pressing issues; build membership and raise money for environmental and social change groups; track funds raised, campaign goals met, and new members identified
- Help the directors launch the campaign and build a team of staff.
- Recruit, train and manage a team of staff in the office and in the field.
- Develop the strategy to meet or exceed the campaign’s goals for fundraising and membership identification.
- Meet with the directors each week to evaluate progress and provide input on hiring decisions, goals and priorities.
You will also have the opportunity to organize press conferences and build coalitions with other nonprofit organizations. While on staff, you will gain knowledge of pressing concerns facing our country, learn how to effectively generate public support, and obtain a firm understanding of the political process.
Canvassers earn a base rate set by the minimum wage in the location they work. You are paid that base hourly pay, plus may earn an additional $1-10 per hour or more for exceeding the minimum performance standard. So, you could earn between $17 and $22 per hour depending on performance.
- Passion for social change.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong work ethic.
Previous experience in service, sales, or any industry that works with the public will improve candidacy as this job is centered around speaking with and mobilizing everyday people!
Previous experience with staff management or leadership may improve candidacy.
Whether you’re starting a career in politics or looking for an opportunity to gain communication and leadership experience, working in a canvass office allows you to learn skills you’ll need to be successful well into the future. You should apply if you want to…
- Make a real difference on these issues.
- Get experience with grassroots mobilization, fundraising and working with the media
- Gain the skills and experiences needed to launch a career in nonprofit, political or grassroots organizing.
- Build long-lasting relationships with a team of people from all across the country who share your interests and concerns on important issue
- Help us on in our mission to move Colorado beyond Plastic with COPIRG.