This job offer is eligible to candidates authorized to work in the United States only. The employer is the American organization "Friends of Fondation de France".
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors. This person coordinates and cooperates directly with the Head of international philanthropy at Fondation de France. The Executive Director works closely with the NY-based administrator of Friends of Fondation de France for the daily management of the organization.
The Executive Director has a broad range of leadership and oversight responsibilities, including but not limited to:
Leadership and Growth of the organization:
- Lead the development of the growth strategy.
- Implement the strategic decisions and follow-up actions decided by the Board.
Communication and Public Relations:
- Serve as an external face for the organization’s stakeholders, the media, and the public, and manage the promotion of the organization.
- Initiate and foster partnerships with the philanthropy sector (grant-making foundations, and other affinity organizations).
- Develop and execute communications strategies.
- Identify, retain and manage tools and vendors to grow donor base and impact.
Donor Relations and Stewardship:
- Manage and cultivate strategic relationships with key donors.
- Help donors support trusted French charities.
- Grow the donor base
Charities Advisory and Grant administration:
- Provide ad-hoc advice for potential charities partners.
- Ensure the efficiency of Friends of Fondation de France processes.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Previous experience in a leadership role. 7+ years experience preferred.
- Appropriate advanced degree desirable.
- Fluent in both English and French.
- Knowledge of and/or interest in both the U.S. and French nonprofit sectors.
- Willingness to travel in the US and to France (up to 25% of the time).
- Strong aptitude for verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship development. Strong public speaking ability.
- Proven experience soliciting and closing gifts and grants writing/reporting in the nonprofit sector.
Applicants can send their resume and cover letter in French or English. First interviews will be held in French only.
Founded in 2000, Friends of Fondation de France creates an ecosystem of mutual support, innovation and ambition between US based donors and French charities. The organization is active in all areas of the common good: culture & heritage, education, research, social issues, international development, disaster relief, and the environment.
Friends of Fondation de France works closely with Fondation de France, the leading philanthropy network in France, and the largest grant-making organization of the country.
Friends of Fondation de France is at a pivotal moment in the organization’s history, and is poised for growth. The Executive Director is a newly created position, and the first permanent position.