Peachtree Presbyterian Church in Atlanta, Georgia has an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant to be responsible for managing and processing A/P, Journal Entries, monthly close, and perform variance analysis and database reports. This hands-on position will work closely on a Finance Team of four and will report to the Finance Director. As the “first to greet” person in the office suite, a successful candidate will be a people-person, extremely detail oriented and organized.
Located in Buckhead with over 7,000 members, Peachtree’s mission is “joining Christ daily in the restoration of all things.” The Staff Accountant will interact directly with all staff members, as well as members and guests that may visit the Finance Office. He/She must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in representing and supporting the mission and values of Peachtree.
Primary Job Functions:
General Ledger Accounting:
- Create and process month-end closing JEs for 3 business units
- Develop financial reports for monthly Finance Committee/Board of Directors meetings
- Record related party transactions
- Assist with On-site Café inventory and POS system
- Perform account reconciliations, variance analysis and provide general ledger support
- Assist ministry departments with yearly budget process
Accounts Payable & Other Duties:
- Accurately process weekly A/P data entry and payments
- Manage SAP Concur corporate credit card program and support staff with processing and posting monthly expense reports
- Maintain vendor transactions and master files
- Vendor payment reconciliations
- Ensure annual A/P reporting compliance (1099’s) are executed properly and timely
- Manage intercompany billing with related parties and funds
- First to meet & greet visitors to Finance Office
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Four-year degree in Accounting or Finance (preferred), or direct equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of related work experience in accounting – processing A/P and G/L
- Strong capability using integrated accounting software–ACS Technologies or other Church software, a plus
- Demonstrates proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact directly with staff and members
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Covid-19 vaccination required. Non-Smoker.
Please forward Cover Letter & Resume to Jobs@PeachtreeChurch.com. Reference “Staff Accountant” in memo. Our website is www.PeachtreeChurch.com.