This position requires a minimum of seven years’ experience working in nonprofit FP&A and fiscal administrative management. The position will oversee the financial and administrative operations of the Georgia Area Program office in accordance with CORE’s overall corporate policies and regulations. Develop the programs’ financial goals and objectives, prepare and mange budget forecasts, track and report expenditures and perform detailed financial analysis on contracts, grants and other funding sources complying with all governmental guidelines. Devise cost forecasting and budget projection models that improve financial activities and are efficient, accurate and collaborative to support the area’s operations. Manage and directs the control of the areas budget and administrative functions. Reviews and approves recommendations for financial planning and key administrative decisions, in concert with the Area Director. With a dotted line reporting to the Headquarters Finance Department, the position will ensure financial operations adhere to CORE’s local, regional, and international (as applicable) regulations.
We require all employees to comply with our Mandatory Vaccination Policy. As a condition of employment you will be asked to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Minimum requirements for program area:
• Develops cost proposals for new funding opportunities in coordination with programmatic staff.
• Coordinates invoicing with HQ finance staff to ensure timely billing.
• Organizes all supporting documentation needed for invoicing in coordination with programmatic staff.
• Ensures financial adherence to all CORE internal controls, policies and rules.
• Develops annual and semi-annual internal budgets with the operations team for submission to HQ Finance.
• Reviews and analyzes monthly financial budget to actual reports and forecasts and provides detailed narrative of variances.
• Ensures that all reporting is timely and responsive to all funding requirements.
• Provides recommendations on financial projects and compliance and assists with development and management of internal financial audits.
• Participates and provides financial reporting for annual budget planning, pipeline analysis, audit reviews and assessments.
• Reviews procurement requests and payment documentation for purchasing of goods and services for program activities. Assures all policies and funding rules and regulations are followed.
• Trains and supports program staff in correctly using CORE financial tools, processes and policies to ensure compliance and efficiency.
• Works directly with HQ finance team on implementing financial processes, to ensure effective and efficient financial controls and operational procedures.
• Provides administrative, financial, and other technical assistance as required to CORE program staff and/or implementing agency staff.
• Performs other relevant duties as assigned by management.
• Must have 7+ years nonprofit finance and administrative management experience
• Must have advanced knowledge and experience in working with governmental funded contracts and grants
• Excellent knowledge of government contracting rules, regulations and guidelines.
• Must have experience working with multiple donor-funded programs.
• Possess broad conceptual judgment, initiative, and ability to deal with a wide range of finance and administration issues.
• Master's Degree in management, business, accounting, finance or relevant subject.
• Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in presenting financial reporting
• Ability to transfer knowledge/skills and work well with others, implementing agencies and government staff.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, to prioritize and respond in a timely manner.