BILINGUAL INTAKE SPECIALIST (PART-TIME)
Educational Requirements and Experience: Bachelors degree in Public Policy, Urban Affairs, a related field or commensurate experience. At least three years of experience in Fair Housing preferred.
Salary: $15.87 per hour (min 20 hours per week)
The part-time Bilingual Intake Specialist is responsible for receiving all calls and/or visitors at the Metro Atlanta office and reports to the Executive Director. Responsible for providing information in English and Spanish to ensure resolution of inquiries through referral to appropriate staff or outside agency. Responsible for providing fair housing information, as required, that has the most impact on institutional change in the dual housing market.
- Screens all callers and/or visitors and identifies the nature of their inquiry
- Conducts intakes; advises consumers of their housing rights/options and makes appropriate referrals to outside agencies/resources or Metro staff, as appropriate
- Refers all housing discrimination complaints to the Director of Enforcement
- Retrieves messages from intake and administrative lines a minimum of twice a day and delivers same to appropriate staff members
- Provides accurate written and/or oral translation assistance in English and Spanish to callers/visitors and Metro staff
- Assists in translating written documents as required (correspondence, training materials, advertisements, etc.)
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date, hard copy and automated intake files
- Prepares monthly intake reports to document, track and monitor progress of performance objectives to meet reporting requirements of federal/local jurisdictional contracts
- Provides administrative support to Management Team as required
- Assists in coordinating outside trainings, workshops, conferences and special events as required
- Performs related assignments as required
Commitment and Abilities
- Computer literate, hardware and software
- Demonstrated Commitment to Civil Rights and Fair Housing issues
- Knowledge of federal, state and local fair housing laws
- Fully fluent in Spanish and English - speak, read and write
- Ability to translate Spanish to English and English to Spanish
- Accurate written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to relate comfortably and respectfully to people of different racial, ethnic, social and economic backgrounds
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision; self-starter and self-motivated
- Ability to work effectively with executive level professionals
1. Do you have ADVANCED ability to speak, read, write and translate English and Spanish?
2. Do you have excellent file and data management computer skills?
3. Do you have excellent customer service/people skills?
Please email a cover letter, resume to: email@example.com
Please use "Bilingual Intake Specialist" in the subject line of your email.
Resume acceptance will remain open until October 8, 2021.
Metro Fair Housing Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.