Organization: Atlanta Thrive
Reports to: Executive Director
Our mission is to empower parents to disrupt inequities in education.
This role is designed to ensure that the operations of Atlanta Thrive runs smoothly in order to support our program design.
Key Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Manages operational accounting functions tracking expenses against the budget.
- Handles all HR functions—maintaining personnel files, making sure evaluations are timely conducted, handles policies and procedures, payroll--holiday calendar
- Manages and maintains team and parent calendars/ event scheduling
- Works collaboratively with the team to create processes
- Manages office space- rules and regulations, making sure the office is open and closed at the appropriate hours.
- Coordinates transportation, catering, and other arrangements for all events.
- Works with the Fellowship Leader to coordinate transportation, catering, stipends, and other arrangements for the Atlanta Thrive associated expenses.
- During your tenure you will be routinely assigned tasks as needed. You are expected to complete any task by the assigned due date. If you are having any issues, you are expected to escalate the issue to the Executive Director in a timely manner [As specified].
- The Operations Manager must be organized, impartial and objective, have a passion for people and the mission of the organization, and be reliable with confidential information.
- Track and manage all grant activity.
- Using target maps to canvas and meet parents at their door, organizing parent events, and helping find parents to participate in the Public Advocate Fellowship (PAF).
- Organizing parents to attend school board meetings, bus trips to the state legislature, and in community meetings that give parents a voice to make an impact in their child’s education
Must meet individual organizing specialist goals and metrics
Researching the needs of parents in your cluster and understanding the educational landscape
Successful persons for this role will consistently exhibit Movement Building Leadership Characteristics:
Visionary: Consistently focus on a clear vision for educational equity, moving others to take action
Knowledge Seeker: Are curious and eager to learn
Enthusiast: Believe change is possible and optimistically and enthusiastically engage others
Relationship + Team Builder: Know they are a part of a greater whole & sees the value and contribution of all team members, parents, and partners
Achiever: Have a “roll up my sleeves” attitude and use it to get things done
Grower: Seek to continuously improve themselves.