DIRECTOR OF PLACEMENT SERVICES JOB DESCRIPTION
· Full time exempt position that reports to the Executive Director.
· Provides strong leadership to maintain a high quality of service and ensures program operations and files are in compliance with Community Connections, Inc. policies and procedures, state regulations, licensing and contract requirements.
· Supports administrative team with management skills that are proactive, highly organized, and results oriented. Demonstrates timely and effective decision making and problem solving, priority setting, encourages development of the program and employees, and advocates for service needs and systematic changes for children, birth families, foster and adoptive parents.
· Models and applies the mission and purpose of Community Connections, Inc. through daily actions to support Georgia’s children in foster care by providing comprehensive services and transformative partnerships with families and the larger community.
· In order to bring about these outcomes, the Director of Placement Services shall perform the following responsibilities and tasks. This is not an all-inclusive list.
· Shall have the minimum qualifications of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the area of behavioral or social sciences, social work, or childhood education, business or public administration and 4 years of paid work experience in a human services delivery capacity or a related field and at least 2 of which have been in a supervisory capacity; or a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in the same areas of study and 2 years of paid work experience in the field of social services or human service delivery and at least one of which has been in a supervisory capacity.
· To be available to provide back up on-call coverage and crisis intervention services during the weekday evening hours and during rotating weekends and holidays.
· Have reliable vehicle with auto liability insurance.
Job Performance Expectations:
· Coordination and oversight of all placement services including but not limited to: intakes, departures, and respite for children in foster care to ensure appropriate screening, assessment, and matching of children in foster care to foster families. Ensure regular team meetings are held to maintain a positive collaboration between departments and that staff adhere to agency policies and procedures and standards.
· Responsible for comprehensive oversight and ongoing assessment of agency’s policies and procedures, quality care, watchful oversight capacity, and appropriateness of foster and adoptive placements to ensure safety of children and ensure quality services and programming based on best practices.
· Provide comprehensive oversight to ensure foster home adherence to home licensure documentation and re-evaluations are completed timely. Ensure regular foster home team meetings are held to ensure staff adhere to policies and procedures for the re-evaluation of each foster home.
· Professionally represent agency and develop and maintain positive working relationships by demonstrating a high quality of collaboration and exceptional customer service to children, birth families, foster and adoptive parents, DFCS and Juvenile Court staff, mental health, medical and educational providers, and other interested parties.
· Responsible for timely direct supervision, coaching, training, and performance evaluations of direct reporting staff. Ensure accountability for accurate and timely completion of job duties and quality services that are in compliance with standards.
· Conduct monthly staff meetings and supervision meetings as evidenced by thorough agendas, effective communication of expectations, timely feedback, and active participation of staff.
· Ensure oversight of all placements in the DHS database to ensure proper and timely financial reimbursements.
· Facilitate positive employee relationships through employee appreciation, fostering teamwork, and motivating staff to achieve the highest level of performance.
· Oversee quality assurance process for placement services to ensure appropriate systems are in place for effective and efficient provision of services.
· Responsible for audits and accurate and timely review of data and reports to ensure licensure and contract compliance in DHS database and entry of data in Community Connections, Inc. database, as evidenced by quality assurance reviews of child and foster parent files to maintain compliance standards.
· May perform other duties as assigned for programmatic or administrative purposes.
Please forward resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org