About the Dunwoody Nature Center: We are a non-profit organization that operates within a beautiful 22-acre public park through a long-term lease with the City of Dunwoody. The Nature Center’s mission is to inspire the love of nature and cultivate environmental understanding and stewardship by motivating environmental awareness and responsible action.
Position Summary: The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the fundraising plan and managing one direct report that oversees the rental programs and the donor database.
The fundraising efforts will seek contributions from individuals, corporations and foundations. The Director will cultivate support from a broad community of constituents, seek major gifts and coordinate planning for all fundraising events. The Director will work closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to ensure the organization has a development plan that allows the organization to fulfill its mission.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Develop an annual development plan with metrics for each giving category and implement tactics to meet them
- Grow new individual giving and corporate sponsorship programs by identifying, cultivating and soliciting contributions from both existing and new donors
- Establish a consistent grant seeking program that will involve research, proposal writing and implementation of reporting requirements
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a consistent basis to nurture mutually beneficial relationships
- Make public appearances to share information with the community
- Assist with the successful launch of the second phase of an ongoing capital campaign
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to execute all marketing and advertising plans associated with development and event planning and with the Program Managers on all educational activities and events
- Must embrace the mission of the Dunwoody Nature Center to inspire a love of nature and cultivate greater environmental understanding and stewardship
- Bachelor’s degree
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to lead strategically but also perform hands-on work in a “roll up your sleeves” culture
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and management of all aspects of fundraising programs
- Ability to plan, organize and execute events effectively
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
- Experience with non-profit donor management software programs desired
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: The Dunwoody Nature Centers offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Benefits include funding of a healthcare reimbursement account, paid time off, professional development opportunities, flexible work schedule and the opportunity to be a part of a fun, dynamic team!
To apply, please send resume (including salary history) to Executive Director, Nancy Longacre at email@example.com.