The Resource Navigation Specialist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing FSS clients with connection to community resources needed to address barriers they are experiencing that interfere with their ability to attain and retain employment.
This opportunity allows you to get involved with a wide range of program support, trainings, and technical assistance activities, as well as work with senior staff on addressing policy and regulatory issues, develop written materials, and support clients to provide advisory/consulting services.
• Assist the Community Engagement Director with enrollments, orientation meetings and Second Chance training to employment programs at the Westside Works location when necessary.
• Identify and recruit potential participants for employment.
• Attend orientation and present to clients the work of the Support Services team.
• Build upon existing and develop new community partners with which First Step can connect clients for necessary resources and services.
• Help clients identify immediate needs, connect them to appropriate community resources and services, and conducting regular follow up over 30, 60, and 90 day periods.
• Identify, visit with, and recruit community partners that support the mission of First Step Staffing.
• Attend and participate in partner and community meetings related to mission of First Step Staffing.
• Generate monthly reports such including integration, reverse referral, and program-based statistics needed for organizational supported programs to include success stories.
• Attend job fairs and builds relationships with hiring managers and community-based partners.
• Provide training and career development resources as needed to clients.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to multi-task and interact with all levels of clients and staff.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple requests and duties.
• Ability to maintain high moral standards both at work and in the community.
• Ability to organize.
• Ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions. Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Good communication skills.
Requirements or Preference
• Bachelors Degree
• Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
• Technical Proficiency
• Experience in nonprofit human services in Atlanta
• Team Player
• MS, Excel, and Word Applications Software knowledge.