Organization Profile: NPH USA serves more than 7,500 vulnerable children in Latin America and the Caribbean by supporting the homes, health services and schools of Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos (Spanish for “Our Little Brothers and Sisters”). If you are looking to make a dramatic impact in the life of a child, this is the job for you. nphusa.org/impact
Summary of Opportunity: The Donor Relations Coordinator’s primary role is to support fundraising efforts across a given region. Under the oversight of the Area VP of Donor Relations, the donor relations coordinator will lead event planning, recruitment and management of volunteers/interns, and develop fundraising skills along the way. The Donor Relations Coordinator serves as the point person for database management and other administrative duties.
Due to organizational growth, we have opportunities available in a number of locations including Chicago, IL; Scottsdale, AZ; Seattle, WA
Your Impact & Contributions:
- Event Support and Follow-up (35%)
- Lead event planning, execution and follow-up for fundraising events.
- Work with event committees to assist with event planning details as directed by staff.
- Provide support for the team before, during and after events to assure that the events are successful and that event attendees are followed up with according to plan.
- Assist with post-event communication process (i.e. thank you notes, calls, emails, etc.) to assure that we have followed up with all event attendees.
- Attend NPH events, and travel to NPH homes as required and/or as requested.
B.Administrative /Child Sponsorship/ Volunteer Coordination (30%)
- Recruit and manage local volunteers/interns as needed to support the team.
- Coordinate and maintain child sponsorship follow up.
- Monitor / order supplies and marketing materials to support the team.
- Manage relationships with and payment of vendors.
- Facilitate, receipt and correct processing of incoming gifts.
- Input donor information in Salesforce.com and serve as local content expert on the database, regularly running reports and creating campaigns.
- Coordinate in-house mailings, emails, and social media updates as needed.
- Prepare materials, impact reports, and child sponsorship stewardship to engage donors.
- Serve as a trip coordinator if help is needed to provide support for trips.
C.Manage donor relationships to raise unrestricted funds for NPH (35%)
- Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to develop their own fundraising skill through personal contact with new and potential donors.
- Set up face-to-face meetings and regularly correspond with donors to build relationships and to discuss mission support (giving) opportunities.
- Increase annual giving of assigned donors to achieve fundraising targets using a combination of individual gifts, event donations, and child sponsorships.
- Maintain a portfolio size of 75-100 individuals/churches/businesses in the giving range of
- Demonstrated customer service skills with exceptional relationship management skills and an ability to collaborate with staff and work with peers to accomplish team goals
- Minimum of 1-year previous fundraising/sales/event planning/customer service experience
- Self-motivated with an ability to develop a plan and see it through to completion
- Superb relationship management, interpersonal, digital, written and oral communication skills
- The ability to inspire, positively influence and engage volunteers and donors
- Ability to maintain timely and complete record of activities, results and planned follow up
- Ability to work independently to plan activities and manage schedule to attain goal results
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive, confidential information professionally
- High energy and passion for NPH USA’s mission
- Knowledge and experience of Salesforce donor database and MS office is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be willing to travel locally and internationally as required
How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include specific salary requirements. Please no phone calls or outside agencies. NPH USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.