Goshen Bookkeeping & Consulting (GBC) is a boutique accounting and consulting firm whose mission is to empower, educate, and transform nonprofits and service-based small businesses to build sustainable profits.
We are fearlessly committed to social justice and racial inclusion, and you should be too. Our clients are as committed as we are, and you must be comfortable having conversations about things that are uncomfortable for many people.
We are a 100% remote workplace, so team members must be self-motivated, organized, love technology, have a teacher mindset for continuous learning, and be effective communicators. We are a firm of the future that is paperless and love using technology to manage our workflows.
Key Traits for Success
- An entrepreneur and corporate mindset
- A deep love for technology and be able to design workflows
- Ability to have difficult conversations and think on your feet even though you may not have all the answers
- The ability to self-organize and keep multiple projects on task and on time is key
- Empathy, patience with teaching others how to use technology, and the ability to switch gears when needed
- Sense of humor with the ability to use analogies to explain accounting in layman terms
- An innovative and systems approach to completing tasks
- New client onboarding and training
- Perform quality control over the bookkeeping functions
- Multi-state payroll setup, processing, and allocations
- Delivering and/or presenting financials to clients and support management/leadership teams as needed with regular conference or video calls
- Ensuring that integrated financial systems tie-out
- Analyzing cash, revenue, expenses, profitability, receivables, payables, and other financial metrics and areas of note
- Conducting finance compliance-related research, liaising with subject matter experts where necessary, & providing recommendations to reduce risk
- Reviewing contracts with clients
- Budget, forecast, and cash flow reports with analysis
- Develop, review, and refine documented processes for each client served
- Regular check-ins and/or meetings with the bookkeeping team to ensure smooth workflow
- Accounting system and related app stack implementation and management
- Directing bookkeeping catch-up projects
- Producing custom financial reports and KPI dashboards
- Year-end filing assistance for clients, such as 1099s, W2s, etc.
- Year-end tax preparation and audit support for clients
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years of finance or accounting experience with management responsibilities
- Advanced spreadsheet skills such as Pivot tables, Macros, Vlookups, Sparkline, etc. using Google Sheets and Excel
- Must be QuickBooks Online Advanced Certified or Regular Certification
- CPA, CNAP, CNC, or similar nonprofit certification strongly preferred
- Experience with using Asana for work management and collaboration
- Prior experience serving a management role
- Must be comfortable with cloud-based technologies and document storage tools
- Must be able to work during regular business hours - Monday through Friday (EST or PST time zone)
- Up to 30 days PTO policy based on tenure + national paid holidays and birthdays
- A flexible work environment with work hours based on EST or PST timezones
- Contribution to a QSHERA plan for medical expenses
- Company laptop, virtual phone line, and office supplies
- Travel allowance to attend annual team meetings or conferences
- Professional growth and development opportunities with ongoing training
How to apply
Send us a cover letter answering the following questions along with your resume.
- What is your personal mission?
- What is your learning style? (e.g., tactile, verbal, visual)
- Tell us about a time when you received critical feedback and how you dealt with it.
- Explain what the difference is between contributions vs. exchange transactions for a nonprofit organization. When would you use one or the other?
WE WILL NOT REVIEW ANY APPLICATION THAT DOES INCLUDE A COVER LETTER.