Sr. Human Resources Manager
Location: Temporarily working remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic with occasional days in the office; with an anticipated transition back into our Johns Creek office in late Summer 2021
Reports To: Vice President of Finance and Corporate Services
Who We Are
NCCPA is the only certifying organization for physician assistants in the United States. Established as a not-for-profit organization in 1974, we are dedicated to assuring the public that certified PAs meet established standards of clinical knowledge and cognitive skills upon entry into practice and throughout their careers. All U.S. states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. territories have decided to rely on NCCPA certification as one of the criteria for licensure or regulation of PAs.
Why Work at NCCPA
We get to do meaningful work every day and we enjoy working and having fun together! No wonder we’ve been voted one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019 & 2020 by Modern Healthcare!
The Human Resource Department consists of three important roles: the Vice President of Finance and Corporate Services, the Sr. Human Resource Manager and the Recruiting Specialist. Although we are a small department, we value collaboration, servant leadership, and sharing great ideas. We strive to serve our employee needs every day and make NCCPA a great place to work!
Why Us, Why Now?
As the Sr. Human Resources Manager, you will work in partnership with the Vice President of the Finance and Corporate Services to plan, develop, and coordinate the programs, activities, and strategy of the human resource department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy. You will add value to our employee's experience by utilizing your creativity and willingness to try new ideas and processes. You will use your ability to foster trusting business relationships by listening, understanding employee opinions, anticipating their needs and concerns and having learning mindset. You will manage and work in collaboration with the Recruiting Specialist to execute NCCPA's talent management strategy.
How Will You Make a Difference? You will…
- Lead talent management initiatives including staffing, recruiting, onboarding and retention.
- Perform tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to benefits, leave, and continuous performance management.
- Monitor and ensure NCCPA's compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations. Work with the Corporate Policy Manager to develop, review and update policies and procedures for the Human Resource Department.
- Manage the development, implementation, and administration of the compensation program. Provides advice to management on pay decisions, policy interpretations, and job evaluations.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to recommend changes in policy, practice, and resources.
- Develop strategies to improve employee engagement such as employee recognition programs, wellness programs and other activities aimed at creating a positive workplace environment.
- Collaborate with the NCCPA health benefits broker to ensure the proper administration of employee benefits. Maintain and manage the HRIS (Namely) and other employee record keeping requirements.
- Partner with the Communication Department to create strategic human resource messages.
Hard Skills You Will Have
- Bachelor's degree in a related field such as Human Resources or Organizational Psychology.
- At least 7 - 10 years of human resource generalist experience across the full range of human resources competencies.
- Demonstrated experience and broad knowledge in employment law, compensation, performance management, benefits administration, organizational planning/development, employee relations, employee training and development, and recruiting.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Word, Outlook and Excel.
Soft Skills You Will Have
- Your highly developed time management skills, systematic approach to organization/planning and keen attention to detail.
- Your commitment and dedication to industry best practices through ongoing professional development.
- Your excellent written and verbal communications skills with a proficiency in diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Your proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills that identify and recommend solutions to the determined issues.
- Your ability to cultivate positive, effective coaching relationships with staff at all levels.
Extra Skills You Can Bring Along
- Active SPHR or SHRM-SCP Certification.
- Master's degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
- Non-Profit human resources experience.
Benefits and Perks for You
- Work/Life Balance
- 37.5-hour workweek, Monday - Friday
- Flexible Work Hours
- Telecommute Days
- Eleven paid holidays
- 19 PTO Days
- Paid Volunteer Day to Make a Difference
- Great Compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision with over 70% Employer Contribution
- 100% Employer Paid Group Life Insurance and Short- and Long-term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account for Medical Expenses (100% Employer Funded)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care Expenses
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Contributions and Matching
- Access to Voluntary Benefits such as Legal Aid, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, and Basic Life and AD&D for you, your spouse and dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- 24/7 Telehealth
- Fully Stocked Breakroom with Healthy Snacks
- $1,000 Annual Reimbursement for Fitness Clubs & Program Dues
- Up to $240 in Annual Cash Incentives for Staying Active
- $5,250 in Tuition Reimbursements
- 100% Employer Paid Training Opportunities
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.