About the Asian Pacific Fund
The Asian Pacific Fund is a community foundation with a mission to strengthen the Asian and Pacific Islander (API) community in the Bay Area by increasing philanthropy and supporting the organizations that serve our most vulnerable community members. The Fund is the only foundation dedicated to improving the lives of the Bay Area’s Asians and Pacific Islanders with knowledge of the community’s needs and nonprofits who are making the most impact.
Since 1993, we have supported a network of over 80 affiliate organizations through grants and trainings who serve APIs across a wide range of needs including senior and youth services, health and well-being, counseling, legal services, advocacy, civic engagement, and arts and culture.
We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. For more information, please visit our website at www.asianpacificfund.org.
Development & Administrative Coordinator Position
The Development & Administrative Coordinator (DAC) is a full-time position that reports to the Director of Development. The DAC will spend 60% of the time on development efforts, including being the administrator for our Salesforce donor database and managing the Fund’s social media presence. The balance of the time will be spent providing administrative, accounting, and IT support as detailed below.
- Maintain data in Salesforce database to ensure accuracy and integrity of the data
- Input all new or updated data for donor records
- Extract lists for mailings, email newsletters, and RSVP lists for annual gala (425+ guests)
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards in Salesforce
- Create invoices and acknowledgement letters
- Assist with workplace giving campaigns and donor advised fund grants as needed
- Assist Director of Development with selected portfolio management
- Conduct constituent research and provide profiles for selected donors and prospects
- Maintain the Fund’s social media presence
Administrative & Accounting (35%)
- Review and process invoices
- Retrieve mail from San Francisco office on weekly basis; make weekly deposits
- Maintain fundraising accounts receivable and reconcile with bookkeeper records
- Reconcile grants, sponsorships and donations from bank records and multiple donation platforms
- Process approved bank transfers
- Provide support for annual audit
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash and credit card account
- Order office supplies for delivery to team as needed
Applications & IT (5%)
- Coordinate with IT provider, Novani, as needed
- Manage and provide routine user support for Applications (Office365, Dropbox, Salesforce, etc.) and IT Services (VOIP, Internet, etc.)
- Seek out and identify necessary system changes and work to maintain and improve integrations with other internal systems
- BA/BS degree or the equivalent in related work experience (2-4 years)
- Expertise in managing data and pulling reports in Salesforce ideal
- Experience as administrative assistant, executive assistant or office manager a plus
- Extraordinary attention to detail with exceptional follow through
- Excellent communication skills, especially via email with a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to multi-task and handle a broad range of responsibilities
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Team player, self-motivated, must be able to work independently as well as collectively to complete daily tasks
- Ability to be flexible, given our small team, and maintain a sense of humor
- Belief in the mission of the organization and commitment to serving the Asian and Pacific Islander community in the Bay Area.
Hours, Compensation and Start Date
This is a full-time position and is eligible for health, dental and vision benefits and the option of participating in a pre-tax transit benefit program. Compensation commensurate with experience. The position is available to begin immediately.
Application Process – PLEASE READ CLOSELY:
Send cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com with a subject line beginning with this exact phrase: “Devo & Admin Coordinator 2021: Your Name.” Please tailor your cover letter to this job posting. Email submissions that do not follow these instructions may not be reviewed. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.