About the Position: We are looking for someone to join First Book’s marketing and communications team: an independent, multi-skilled, hard-working expert in social media digital strategy and content development. Specifically, we need someone to manage First Book’s organic and paid social media initiatives, including manage and build a community across multiple platforms, develop diverse content assets from video to infographics to help us grow and engage our audience. In addition, the Manager of Social Media Marketing will be responsible for the editorial calendar for First Book’s social channels, monitor and respond to audience analytics, manage social media aspects for partner campaigns, and handle aspects of brand management.
The candidate we have in mind will be someone with a demonstrated ability to meet organizational goals using a diverse strategy of original and curated content, supervising the process from conception through execution. This individual must be a skilled storyteller who is comfortable using video, graphics, and text to convey messages across a wide variety of media. From day one, the Manager will need to focus on developing and maintaining a social media content strategy and editorial calendar that will engage individuals, influencers, schools and community groups to raise the profile of the organization, position the organization as a thought leader in educational equity, expand the reach of First Book’s resources, attract First Book Network members, support online donations, and drive educators to the First Book Marketplace.
In addition, this role will be responsible for supporting strategy with robust analysis of data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as primary First Book social media strategist and producer, pulling in specialists where needed, to conceptualize and create content deliverables ranging from native articles, custom videos, microsites, social media campaigns, infographics, etc.
• Serve as primary video producer and editor, managing all video projects from concept through to filming, editing, and launch. Manage vendors associated with video projects.
• Manage First Book's presence and online social media community on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube, collaborating with other Marketing Communications staff to curate and create content:
o Monitor and join conversations about First Book and other topics relevant to our mission across the web
o Cultivate and create a strong sense of community among First Book's existing social media audience; react and respond quickly to conversations and comments directed at First Book and our major partners
o Develop community building strategies to increase engagement with direct impact to our Network membership and Development programs.
o Directly manage and execute selected client social media campaigns with corporate and non-profit partners, leading campaign strategy development and execution
o Supervise and provide reporting on social media audience working within First Book’s social media measurement toolset
o Monitor and respond (working with Director of Marketing and Communications) to negative comments and any issues that might affect First Book's reputation or its partners
o Optimize platforms based on SEO best practices, where applicable
• Collaborate with internal teams to brainstorm and define innovative content marketing campaigns to enable stakeholders to meet their marketing objectives. Provide creative direction and brand guidance. Be an active voice to help ensure that all elements within integrated marketing campaigns are designed, produced, and deployed in a cohesive, seamless manner.
• Coordinate production and distribution of CEOs influencer email update on a monthly basis.
o Set up, edit, test, and send monthly newsletter via Pardot
o Provide expertise and feedback on email marketing best practices
• Working with Director of Marketing and Communications, provide regular feedback and insight on content trends and performance to First Book leadership. Includes direction of regular, thorough reports on First Book's content efforts and impact.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
• In-depth knowledge and experience with content platforms, including video and social media platforms
• Expertise in video production, editing skills, graphic design, email marketing, communications and creative services management
• Strong project management or organizational skills, including ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills; proficient editor and proofreader
• Expertise with social media measurement tools
• Experience with principles of SEO and best practices for social media
• Knowledge of the online community related to education, literacy, publishing and the social sector is a plus
• Cause marketing experience is a plus
• Team player with an excellent sense of humor & experience managing as this position manages a coordinator role
Education and/or Experience:
• Five plus years’ experience in marketing and/or communications
• B.A./B.S. in marketing, business, communications, or a related field – or equivalent job experience
• Technical skills required: Expertise in Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and InDesign. Expertise in Pardot.
• Experience with social media measurement systems and Google Analytics. Experience with HTML a plus but not required.
• Experience in online communications within social sector and knowledge of literacy issues and/or publishing highly desirable
Candidates are invited to submit a resume, and a cover letter that details your interest in the position to http://firstbook.force.com/careers. If you need assistance applying please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org / 202-499-5935.