Make a difference in the lives of our young people by joining Stand-Up For Leadership (SUFL) – a 501c3 nonprofit dedicated to serving students aligned with the Junior Achievement / 3DE mission.
Through the annual Search for the South’s Funniest Accountant, SUFL has raised nearly a half-a-million dollars for JA, and in 2022 we would like to do even more. Are you interested in becoming an integral part of our mission to support the young people of our community?
This is a full or part-time role preparing for the Search for the South’s Funniest Accountant Fundraiser in November of 2022. The Fundraiser / Event Planner would start raising money immediately. This person will also plan and organize the live event at the Roxy. You will have plenty of guidance from the team that has produced the show for 15 years.
To learn more about the Search visit: www.accountantsarefunnytoo.com
The Search for the South’s Funniest Accountant has become an Atlanta fixture over the past 15 years. The show has a long track-record of selling out a 950-seat venue, attracting corporate sponsorship from Mercedes Benz, PwC, Sage, Chick-fil-A, ADP, Moore Colson, WestRock, Genuine Parts, and host of other highly respected companies. To date, the event has raised more than $450,000 for Junior Achievement while continuing to prove that Accountants Are Funny Too!
In November 2022, the fundraiser will be back. However, the bar has been raised. Drum roll please…
The 2022 Search for the South’s Funniest Accountant will take place at the Coca-Cola Roxy in the Battery. This venue seats over 2,000 and gives us the opportunity to raise even more money for educational programs in our community. Further, this event gives us the opportunity to shine the light on Junior Achievement and Stand Up For Leadership (SUFL) – sharing the connection between the two entities as they make a difference in the educational experience for the young people in our community.
We have come to recognize that we could do so much more for our community through the event. Which is why we are looking to add a Funniest Accountant Fundraiser Fundraising and Event Planner. This person will help us maximize the impact we have on our community by setting new fundraising records.
Top Three Objectives to be achieved before November 2022:
- Align the Search for the South’s Funniest Accountant with several well-known businesses as major donors / event sponsors
- Plan and implement an event timeline including fundraising, coordinating auditions, and the fundraiser itself
- Organize a seamless & sold-out November 2022 show
- Meet with business and community leaders to align contributing organizations with the mission of the Search for the South’s Funniest Accountant
- Share the impact of the mission of the event with the community
- Align companies with the event by selling Event Sponsorship
- Align companies with the event by selling Table Sponsorships
- Act as Event Coordinator by working with the other staff to create a first-class experience for corporate sponsors and audience members
- Coordinate try-outs and world-class training for the “Funny Accountants”
- Work with Comedy Coach in managing a first-class experience for performers, sponsors, and audience members
- Work with marketing team to brand event for corporate sponsors, audience members, and funny accountants
- Manage social media posts celebrating the Funniest Accountant Brand in conjunction with fundraising goals
- Create collateral working with the Marketing Team to create brand awareness for potential fundraising sponsors
- Assist in recruiting an “A-list” comedian to open the show
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Development, Business, or a closely related field is required. Alternatively, a person with a background in Accounting / Finance might thrive in this role.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Proven experience raising money for a non-profit and / or event coordination
Demonstrated results in initiating relationships, cultivating interests and securing support and participation.
Demonstrated ability to influence decision-makers in the business community