About the Organization
Our Mission is to prepare Latino students and families for success through academic and life enrichment programs.
Our Vision that Latino students and families achieve life-long self-sufficiency.
Our Core Values:
- Kindness: “The ability to speak with love, listen with patience and act with compassion.
- Excellence: "Every touch, every time, no exceptions."
- Passion: "You can't fake passion."
- Team Work: "Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much"
- Perseverance: “Grit, the raw endurance, hard work and passion that keeps you going despite obstacles.”
About the Role
The Afterschool Instructional Coach is responsible for supporting LaAmistad’s Afterschool program initiatives. The Instructional Coach supports the Afterschool Teachers, models lessons, collaboratively plans, provides training and feedback to volunteers, conducts professional development, and collaborates with LaAmistad’s program staff. Additionally, the position provides guidance and expertise in best practices for successful afterschool instruction. The Afterschool Instructional Coach is hired by the Executive Director and reports directly to the Academic Director. Weekly check-ins with the Afterschool Director will be maintained to ensure resources are provided and any and all outstanding tasks are being completed.
- Support volunteer onboarding by providing resources, guidance, helpful information, and organizational policies
- Train afterschool volunteers in alignment with LaAmistad core values and policies
- Coaches and supports Afterschool volunteers in delivering and assessing quality instruction for Afterschool.
- Plans and models effective lessons with Afterschool volunteers.
- Fills in as an Afterschool Coordinator at any location as directed by the Afterschool Director.
- Regularly visits program site classrooms to provide feedback to Afterschool volunteers to improve delivery and assessment, including planning for ongoing monitoring and support.
- Develops and conducts development for volunteers and LaAmistad staff regarding instructional strategies and best practices for afterschool students.
- Meets regularly with Afterschool Teachers and volunteers regarding classroom practices to provide ongoing feedback.
- Maintains detailed logs of support provided to teachers, volunteers, and program sites.
- Consult on, and if needed, develop assessment tools and process routines to track program outcome goals.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement, establish goals, and monitor improvement.
- Promote LaAmistad, its programs, and goals to community groups and organizations.
- Coordinate with the program and community outreach team to represent the programs and point of view of LaAmistad to all agencies, organizations and the general public with the goal of creating a strong LaAmistad brand.
- Provides leadership and support in the development, implementation, and revisions of the Afterschool curriculum.
- Assists with LaAmistad Afterschool program presentations, professional development sessions, organization assessments, and trainings as needed.
- Assists with the selection of instructional resources and equipment for the Afterschool program.
- Participates in on-going professional development by attending workshops, lectures, and institutes on specific subjects to enhance job performance such as knowledge in literacy development, coaching skills, and early learning theory with prior approval from Afterschool Director and Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years of effective teaching experience, instructional coaching, or consulting (in Afterschool is preferred)
- Must possess demonstrated evidence of leadership responsibilities beyond those required in the classroom.
- Must possess an in-depth knowledge of Afterschool programs, curriculum, instructional best practices, and learning theories.
- Knowledge of second language acquisition theories and remedial reading instruction preferred.
- Must possess effective instructional delivery techniques and the ability to guide and develop teachers and volunteers.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with parents, students, volunteers, organization leadership and staff, and community- based organizations.
Apply at this link: https://laamistadinc.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=50