TITLE: Administrative Associate, Office Services
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Non-exempt
OVERVIEW: Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta continues to build a diverse team of highly motivated individuals to create a strong community of philanthropy and engagement. Federation seeks candidates who are motivated, have a positive attitude, and thrive in an inclusive, dynamic environment.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS: The Administrative Associate will be responsible for Federation’s Office Services, including answering incoming calls, sorting mail, preparing mailings, and interacting with and assisting employees, tenants, and vendors. This role will also support Federation team members as needed for special projects as needed. A positive self-starter and problem-solver, this person will utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to interact with fellow professionals, community members, and other stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OVERALL FEDERATION SUPPORT
- Ensure efficient operation of all aspects of office services: process incoming & outgoing mail, order office supplies, and assist with printing and shipping
- Answer incoming calls and check Federation voicemail and direct callers to the appropriate Federation professional to ensure their questions are resolved in a timely manner
- Support facilities operations with gathering and downloading invoices into approval workflow system
- Ensure the postage meter has adequate funds on it; refill as needed
- Reserve meeting rooms, troubleshoot issues, and provide excellent customer service to colleagues, tenants, and partner organizations
- Assist Philanthropy team with large mailings to donors
- Contact vendors to service mailroom equipment when needed
- Scan checks and other office services projects
- Serve as back up for Donor Services Associate role
- Promote the mission of Federation at all times through superior customer service, communication, and quick response times to internal and external customers
- Develop positive relationships with colleagues, donors, tenants and community members
- Analyze and make suggestions to continually improve efficiency
- Maintain confidentiality of all donor information
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Minimum 2 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant or Customer Service role. Excellent written and verbal communications, organization skills, and attention to detail. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to positively and successfully interact with all members of the organization and external stakeholders. Technology proficiency including Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Flexible, collaborative, and comfortable multi-tasking effectively in a fast-paced environment. Good judgment and problem-solving skills. Exhibits a positive, collaborative, professional attitude.
Intermittent periods of standing and walking with extended periods of sitting. Must have excellent visual acuity for work with systems and records. Position requires average hearing and verbal ability to communicate with Federation staff, donors, volunteers, vendors, and others. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds.
Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and prohibits discrimination regarding race, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.