Would you like to join our award winning culture and establish a meaningful career in the nonprofit world?
Tommy Nobis Center offers you an opportunity to work for an organization that has been recognized as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation as well as being recognized by the Atlanta Journal Constitution as a Top Workplace in Atlanta!
The Development Specialist supports Tommy Nobis Center’s fundraising initiatives, including special events, third party events, and vehicle donations. The Development Specialist will be highly involved with donor communications, annual giving campaigns, and annual events, as well as serve as the secondary contact for the vehicle donation program by accepting vehicle donations both online and in person. This position will frequently solicit contributions and sponsorships via various fundraising endeavors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes an active role in the implementation of the Development Strategic/Campaign Plan, including assisting Development Team with yearly fundraising appeals/ campaigns.
- Drives aspects of annual special events, including but not limited to identifying sponsorship and donor prospects, preparing printed materials and status reports, and coordinating event volunteers.
- Assists with event vendor identification and communication, following through with vendor to completion of services.
- Communicates and interacts effectively and professionally with co-workers, management, donors, etc.
- Serves as a cultural champion for the organization, fostering an environment of trust, alignment, transparency and accountability.
- Participates in cultivation and prospect/donor stewardship.
- Stewards relationships with donors, potential donors, vendors, and other fundraising community partners.
- Maintains up-to-date information on donor digital records in Development CRM database (Blackbaud).
- Protects confidential donor and organizational information.
- Accepts and processes initial vehicle donations through internal and external data & logistics management systems.
- Ensures all documentation is in proper order to transfer ownership of vehicles.
- Responds to donor inquiries and follow-up requests within 24 hours of request, including tax documentation, thank you letters and other donor or auction questions/concerns.
- Maintains the filing systems for the Vehicle Donation Program including all correspondence, fundraising materials, contracts, donations, and any other archived records.
- Assists in the preparation of status and progress reports for annual giving campaigns, events, and vehicle donation program, including budget summaries, tracking of expenses and profit, and weekly donation reports.
- Implements safety regulations, company policies and procedures as required by management.
- Assists with other specific projects as assigned.
- Mission driven, guided by core values and a pleasure to work with.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail is of utmost importance.
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Enjoys problem solving and creating new solutions.
- Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, and database programs.
- A Georgia driver’s license required with clean driving record (MVR).
- Must pass drug screen and background check.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s Degree with major coursework in business, sociology, communications/marketing or related field preferred.
- Experience in relationship management, customer service, and/or sales experience required.
- Experience driving organizational performance and goal achievement.
- 3+ years direct fundraising experience preferred.
Accountability & Dependability
Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight.
Ethics & Integrity
Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
Results Focus & Initiative
Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. Gets the job done.
Decision Making & Judgment
Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
Promotes organizational mission and goals and shows the way to achieve them.
Follows fiscal guidelines, regulations, principles, and standards when committing fiscal resources or processing financial transactions.
Adaptability and Flexibility
Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
Superb interpersonal skills with the ability to use discretion and good judgment.
Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment. Demonstrates poise, tact and diplomacy.
Strong written communication skills required to maintain quality documentation and effectively communicate with a broad range of individuals. Ability to proofread and edit documents.
Ability to use spreadsheets to maintain material records and accurately report employee time on job. Requires the use of management information system associated with a manufacturing operation.
Ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner with a wide range of individuals in various public forums. Ability to communicate with persons with disabilities, including individuals who are unable to understand written communication. Ability to conduct tours, greet visitors, potential customers, etc.
Should be able to motivate employees, promote productivity, ensure safety, and provide good example of work habits
Ability to stay focused, prioritize work and complete job requirements in a timely manner. Highly organized, accurate, ability to multi-task; excellent planning skills.
Strong problem-solving skills required to develop strategies to overcome obstacles and problems. A commonsense attitude in making decisions.
Ability to do detail work with basic math functions and writing skills to complete reports and other documentations. Frequent interruptions and multiple distractions. Ability to multi-task and make quick decisions Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. They may be subject to change at any time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Tommy Nobis Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drugs Don’t Work worksite and a participant in e-Verify.