Would you like to join our award winning culture and establish a meaningful career in the nonprofit world?
Tommy Nobis Center offers you an opportunity to work for an organization that has been recognized as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation as well as being recognized by the Atlanta Journal Constitution as a Top Workplace in Atlanta!
The Instructor for Early Youth Employment Services (EYES) will teach the EYES curriculum to high school and middle school students. This role is also responsible for coordinating services with participant schools, referral sources, parent advisory groups and students. The PRN Instructor must be flexible and will work on an as-needed basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivery of services for students in the EYES program, from time of referral to exit.
- Teaches pre-vocational skills curriculum (career exploration, job readiness, interview skills, etc.) to high school and middle school students.
- Completes and carries out curriculum training.
- Develops lesson plans for students
- Schedules class times with identified schools.
- Supervises and teaches classes in schools and at Tommy Nobis Center.
- Maintains effective control and management of classroom.
- Educates the community regarding the summer EYES program.
- Develops and completes monthly status reports for participants.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in special education, rehabilitation, sociology, behavioral sciences or business administration or related field.
- 3 years’ experience in a teaching role.
- Experience teaching or working with individuals with disabilities.
Other Qualifications or Requirements:
- Mission driven, guided by core values and a pleasure to work with.
- High “customer service orientation.”
- Results oriented with ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Must be highly organized, accurate in completing work assignments.
- Strong oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with assigned duties.
- Possesses a working knowledge of Windows environment in Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- General knowledge of other office equipment such as copiers, scanners, fax machine, etc.
- Must pass a drug screen and background check.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
Prior Experience Desirable:
- Experience working with transition students
- Delivery of job readiness skills training
- Developing programmatic marketing materials
Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with internal and external customers, student and parents.
Attention to Detail
Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
Conveys ideas and facts orally using language the audience will best understand.
Conveys ideas and facts in writing using language the reader will best understand.
Strong written skills required to create and prepare professional quality documentation and to effectively communicate with a broad range of individuals.
Strong ability to review statistical information in order to create reports, show changes, validate any deficiencies, and to establish improvement goals.
Ability to communicate and present information informally and formally to candidates for employment, new hires, program participants, employees and other professional groups.
Ability to organize data and assigned work tasks for maximum effectiveness.
Knowledge of computers.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. They may be subject to change at any time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. It is the philosophy of Tommy Nobis Center to provide a safe work environment according to Tommy Nobis Center' policies, compliance agencies and other and safety guidelines. Employee required to attend all safety training sessions and drills.
This role will involve driving to participant schools and working in a variety of academic environments. Time in the office is in a typical office work environment.