Anti poverty programs in the United States provide critical, but insufficient, support to families with low incomes. Income-based programs provide families with only enough resources to meet day-to-day expenses. If we are to end poverty and narrow gender and racial wealth gaps in our communities, we must do more than provide money to live by. Instead, we must support families to grow the financial assets and capabilities needed to achieve the goals and dreams they live for.
As Data Analyst at Compass Working Capital, you’ll share our unwavering belief in people’s ability to achieve their goals and dreams. You’ll bring passion for excellence in every aspect of our work and will lead in using data to inform process improvement. In your role, you will be a champion for data-driven learning and a solutions-oriented collaborator across the organization.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As Data Analyst, you will serve as a day-to-day Salesforce Administrator for our Financial Coaches, and other members of the Compass team including Program Managers, marketing and development staff, and members of the executive team. You’ll be a wonderful addition to our team if you have a passion for creative problem solving, detail-orientation, a service mindset, and are energized by Compass’ mission to support clients to achieve life-changing goals. You will provide training and support to Financial Coaches in maximizing their use in Salesforce, including how to input and interpret the rich data collected between Coaches and clients. Through your work you will help the Compass team identify new features that further support efficient team operations.
Key to success in this role is database knowledge and training, with a focus on how to assess data quality. As Data Analyst, you are able to apply statistical and analytic techniques to summarize, model, and forecast information that supports Compass in delivering high quality data analytics products and reports to our stakeholders and partners. You possess a passion for team-based work, service, and are energized by implementing high-impact solutions. You also have a keen ability to forge strong relationships across colleagues while executing on strategic goals in your work and you are excited about the opportunity to test and refine data processes to ensure the highest success for our Financial Coaches and our clients.
Through this role, you will receive training and support from the Compass team, including a close partnership with other analysts, the Director of Impact and Innovation, and the Chief Strategy Officer. This role reports to the Data and Technology Manager.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
Your work as a Data Analyst will focus on the following key objectives:
- Spearhead data-driven learning to improve our client services
- Oversee training of new users and grow Salesforce skills across the organization and the adoption of Salesforce and other technology across the organization
- Develop customized reports and dashboards for internal (program team, leadership, development team) and external stakeholders (partners, donors and institutional funders)
- Create a deep understanding of our data structure and definitions and supporting staff to develop fluency with our data and impact
- Define and develop new Salesforce features with program and other department staff that supports efficient operations
- Oversee data integrity and ensure data is clean, accurate and complete
- Manage administrative functions related to Salesforce, including user security setting, day-to-day support, data integrations, and 3rd party applications
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
It takes a special person to serve as a member of the team at Compass Working Capital. You’ll be tackling one of our nation’s greatest challenges by partnering with members of the community to reach across the opportunity gap that often perpetuates cycles of generational poverty — particularly for women of color.
We seek candidates with previous experience in and a passion for managing data and running data analysis projects. We’ll be most excited about your candidacy if you can demonstrate proven success in working with and reporting on complex data sets to support team decision-making. Please consider the following qualifications, skills, and experiences that we have found lead to success as a Data Analyst. We do not expect candidates to meet all of the criteria listed below. Reviewing the qualifications can help you to better understand the expectations of this role.
- Commitment to the mission and values of the organization, with a passion for working with families with low incomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical colleagues
- Strong data management abilities, with a passion for using data to improve processes
- Comfort with excel, relationship databases, and/or statistical tools (R, SPSS, Stata, etc.)
- Cultural humility and an openness to and respect for others’ cultures, identities, and lived experiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to establish and build strong, trusting partnerships with colleagues
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-orientation, with the ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities to complete work accurately and efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize competing priorities
- Prior experience administering a CRM system - Salesforce Administrator certification a plus - and experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI, R, Salesforce Analytics, etc.)
This position is currently remote, although the Compass team is planning for a hybrid return to office model beginning in late 2021 or as soon as safely possible to return to the workplace following the COVID-19 pandemic. This role is based in Boston, MA and will be supporting clients in our programs across New England and nationally. The salary range for this role is $55,000 - $65,000.
WHAT WE OFFER
We’ll promote your professional growth and development by providing access to:
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Additional employee benefits include:
- Healthcare: medical, dental, vision
- Retirement plan 401(k) & match
- Life insurance & disability Insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Professional development & certification
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
Interested candidates are encouraged to promptly submit their application through our online portal. Applicants are asked to upload a resume and a cover letter.
All applicants will receive a response to their application within two weeks of submission. We aim to have our new Data Analyst begin working with us before the end of 2021. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for support submitting your application.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Compass Working Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applications for all positions, without regard to age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Compass Working Capital is committed to ensuring individuals with disabilities receive the accommodations required for them to interview for a position on our team. Should you require accommodations, please contact email@example.com.