Overview: Atlanta Habitat for Humanity transforms communities by acting as a catalyst for neighborhood revitalization through education, innovative development, partnerships, and long-term relationships with families. Sponsors provide funding, in-kind resources, and volunteers for the construction or renovation of Atlanta Habitat homes. The Sponsorship Manager is responsible for a revenue stream that supports the home building and repair programs.
Position Summary: The Sponsorship Manager works in collaboration with and supports the organization’s fundraising efforts as part of the house sponsorship team, with a specific focus on building and maintaining partnerships with faith organizations, civic groups, high schools, colleges/universities, specialty build groups, partner build groups, and corporate sponsors. This position reports to the Sponsorship Director.
- Identify, cultivate, and secure new house sponsors and stewarding existing sponsors in the portfolio.
- Collaborate with the Sponsorship Team to create and implement an annual fundraising strategy for house sponsorships.
- Utilize and grow online peer-to-peer fundraising tools for specialty builds.
- Ensure timely receipt, deposit, tracking, and recognition of house sponsorship funds.
- Utilize Salesforce to keep detailed records on house sponsors and prospective sponsors.
- Provide an excellent customer service experience for house sponsors.
- Follow sponsorship guidelines to create touchpoints for sponsors during the build process, attend build starts and house dedications for each sponsor in the portfolio, and manage sponsor recognition.
- Assist with public relations, advertising, marketing, and/or promotions in support of Atlanta Habitat’s house sponsorship program.
- Represent Atlanta Habitat at relevant events in the Atlanta community.
- Serve as liaison with Habitat for Humanity International related to sponsor initiatives and/or special build programs and Atlanta Habitat’s Global Village partnership with Habitat for Humanity International.
This position is classified full-time exempt with a minimum 40-hour workweek; evening and weekend work is required, including attending occasional special events and frequent weekend house starts and dedications. Frequent driving around the City of Atlanta and South Fulton County is required - candidates must have a reliable vehicle and a valid drivers’ license. A full benefits package is offered including employer subsidized health insurance, paid time off (PTO), employee gym access, and a retirement savings plan with employer matching.
Qualified candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred fields of study include non-profit management, communications, marketing, public relations, or business.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of five years of professional experience of professional sales, business development, or fundraising development experience.
- Minimum of two years working as an employee or volunteer with a nonprofit organization.
- Proven track record of securing and stewarding gifts from individuals, foundations, and corporations, or successfully closing sales opportunities.
- Experience in event planning, sales, public relations, and/or marketing preferred
- Solid track record of securing gifts from individuals, foundations, and/or corporations.
- Experience in event planning, sales, public relations, and/or marketing preferred.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with database management required; knowledge of Salesforce, iWave, or another fundraising, prospecting, or CRM software platform preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficient in public speaking, presentations, and facilitating donor meetings.
- Strong project management and time management skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines with special attention to details.
- Able to work well with a diverse group of staff members, volunteers, donors, and community leaders in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
How to Apply: Please no walk-ins, phone calls or faxes. Only candidates meeting all position requirements will be considered. More information about Atlanta Habitat for Humanity may be found on our website www.atlantahabitat.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Atlanta Habitat is a Drug-Free Workplace. This position is subject to a criminal background and credit check, periodic DMV checks for driving record and valid driver’s license, and drug and alcohol testing. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of all checks and testing.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy: Atlanta Habitat is dedicated to a policy of equal opportunity. We will give fair and equal treatment to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Atlanta Habitat to prohibit discrimination or harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, religion, sex, disability, familial status, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, past or present military status, receipt of public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices and personnel actions, including compensation, recruitment, training, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement.