Dunwoody United Methodist Church is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant / Receptionist to support our Chief Operating Officer and operations team. This is a full-time, salaried position which includes benefits. The successful candidate will be self-motivated with professional demeanor and presence, positive attitude, strong work ethic, and excellent communication and inter-personal skills. He/she must be highly organized, proficient in office procedures and methods to ensure workflow, possess a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to quickly learn the church database software (CCB). This person must be able to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion with sensitive information, multi-task, work as team member in a collaborative environment, and relate well with church congregants and visitors.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant / Receptionist
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Position Status: Full-time, Non-exempt.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide daily administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer and the Operations team including finance, facilities, administration and human resources
· Assist in maintaining church database
· Coordinate church event calendar as primary contact for internal and external commitments
· Greet and assist visitors, answer phone calls and direct vendors in professional, engaging manner
· Associate degree in administrative field or at least 2 years executive administrative experience
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
· Excellent attention to detail, organization, and priority management
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of staff, committees, and membership
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher) and ability to learn church database software (CCB)
Pay: $17.78 per hour