We are an Academic & ADHD coaching practice in the Atlanta area, which was founded in 2013 to help teens & young adults earn better grades with less stress by developing personalized strategies to improve their executive functioning skills and learn better strategies for studying, time management, organization, and stress management.
We are a close-knit team that is committed to supporting each other both personally and professionally...we believe that in order to truly support our students in becoming their best selves we need to be working to improve ourselves as well.
We are looking for friendly, energetic, inspiring coaches who have a talent for connecting with and motivating middle school, high school, and college students and helping them adopt the mindset and habits they need to reach their goals.
You will be an ideal candidate for this position if you are...
- A college graduate with at least 1 year of real-world experience in ADHD or executive function coaching, academic coaching, study skills coaching, counseling, teaching, tutoring, professional organizing, or sports coaching
- Located in the Atlanta area, and able to meet with students at our two office locations in North Druid Hills and Roswell
- Available at least 12-15 hours / week, including after school and on weekends
- A friendly and approachable “people person” who enjoys connecting with others and figuring out the best way to inspire and motivate them.
- An optimist by nature who is always able to see the bright side in any situation, and inspires others with your positive energy & enthusiasm.
- Someone who is committed to personal development and is fascinated by learning about topics like organization, productivity tools, learning & memory strategies, and the psychology of peak performance.
- Well-spoken, and able to clearly communicate complex ideas in a way that others can understand.
- Someone others can count on to stay calm in a crisis and mediate conflicts by patiently listening and trying to understand both sides of the story.
- Reliable, organized, proactive, and attentive to details. You love getting things done, enjoy feeling productive, and love creating order out of chaos.
- Internally motivated, and committed to doing excellent work even when no one is watching.
- At your best when you’re surrounded by a team of hardworking, motivated colleagues who are doing their best and want to help you do the same
- Excited about joining an organization that is making an impact, where you can make a difference in the lives of students and their families.
- Someone who doesn’t have the time, energy, or desire to create a business of your own, but likes the idea of joining and playing a key role in a small, growing company.
- Interested in a long-term position with a close-knit team of collaborative colleagues who are committed to learning, laughing, and growing together and supporting each other in reaching our personal + professional goals.
Responsibilities & Expectations
You will join our team on a part-time basis as an independent contractor, and work directly with our Founder and Training Director to learn how to effectively coach middle, high school and college students to help them learn to earn better grades with less stress.
As an Academic & ADHD coach, you will have an opportunity to make a positive difference in the day-to-day lives of students and their families by working 1:1 with teens and young adults and empowering them to reach their goals by improving their time management, organization, mindset, and study skills.
Some examples of your responsibilities will include…
- Meeting 1:1 with students for weekly coaching sessions, and collaborating with them to create systems + strategies that will help them reach their goals
- Identifying + planning the most important topics to cover in each session
- Writing & emailing session summaries to parents after meetings
- Checking in with students by text or email between sessions
- Meeting with parents for check-in calls to discuss students’ progress
- Monitoring students’ grades and online progress reports
- Reaching out to students’ teachers, counselors, and/or tutors, as needed
- Attending regular team meetings & training sessions
There is a paid 3 week training period for all new coaches, during which you will work closely with our founder to learn the ins and outs of leading students through the coaching process.
After this initial training period, we will identify the days and times that will be ideal for your schedule, and begin matching you with students. We will gradually add students to your schedule over your first 2-3 months, so you have plenty of time to get comfortable with the coaching process and build strong relationships with each of your students and their families.
The starting rate for our new coaches is $35 - $40 / session.
TO APPLY: Please complete the application here - https://creating-positive-futures.breezy.hr/p/7aa54c910748-academic-adhd-coach-for-teens-counselor-teacher-tutor
Please note that if your primary goal for this position is to get a side job where you can quickly earn some extra money, we are NOT going to be the best fit for you. Learning to be a truly effective coach is a challenge, and requires far more practice and dedication than most other part-time jobs!
However, if you are looking for a part-time position where you are constantly learning and growing both personally and professionally, with flexible hours and a close-knit group of positive, supportive colleagues, and a sense of purpose where the work you are doing every day is making a difference in peoples’ lives, this will be the perfect opportunity for you!