About HMHB: Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Georgia's mission is to improve maternal and infant health through advocacy, education, and access to vital resources. Our vision is that every mother and child in Georgia will have access to resources for a healthier life. Learn more about HMHBGA by visiting us online at www.hmhbga.org.
Overview: Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Georgia (HMHBGA) seeks a qualified applicant for the full-time position of Bilingual Information and Referral Specialist to work with our Call Center team. We are looking for a dynamic professional to support our mission-driven activities.
• High-school diploma
• One year experience in Information & Referral systems and/or call center setting
• Experience with computer systems, data entry, and word processing
• Knowledge of community resources in Georgia
• Fluency in both Spanish and English
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to handle complex calls and situations
• Highly resourceful team player with the ability to be effective independently
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information and adapting to competing demands while providing the highest level of customer service
• Knowledge of Georgia programs that serve families
• Knowledge of Georgia early intervention services Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human/Social Services, Social Work, Psychology/ Counseling, or Public Health
• Previous experience with healthcare databases and family casework tracking
• Ability to type 30 words per minute
• One year experience working in a Human Services agency
• Experience working with supportive counseling in domestic violence, 911, or crisis intervention hotline(s)
• Handle inbound and outbound calls for contracted services across multiple call center lines of business including DPH Information Referral Center (C1st), Help Me Grow GA, and Prevent Child Abuse Georgia Helpline
• Document all aspects of client interaction in custom database
• Complete follow-up calls to clients as assigned
• Work with Call Center team to achieve organizational goals
• Develop and maintain knowledge of health care and public health services, community resources, and relevant policy issues
• Perform general office duties as assigned, including word processing, posting mail, and maintaining office systems and environment
• Provide excellent customer service in every interaction
• Engage in ongoing professional development activities
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Benefits: Full-time employees are eligible for enrollment in employer-sponsored (80%) health, dental, and vision plans, as well as SIMPLE IRA retirement savings, plan with employer matching. Employee benefits also include ongoing professional development training, remote work opportunities, and the ability to work alongside a dynamic team focused on improving maternal and infant health for all Georgia families.
Please follow these instructions exactly. Applications received that are not in the correct format will not be reviewed. Please email your current resume or CV and a cover letter expressing your interest IN A SINGLE FILE to Allyn Davenport at email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
Only candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.
Deadline: We request that candidate documents be submitted by September 22nd, 2021. The position will stay open until filled. Due to the high volume of applicants, only candidates selected for initial interviews will receive a response.
Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Georgia is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.