NETWorks Cooperative Ministry, Inc.
Job Title: Part-Time (temporary) Development Specialist
Reports To: NETWorks Executive Director
Status: Temporary Employee (Through March 31, 2022) (potential permanent)
Location: NETWorks Cooperative Ministry. Inc., Tucker, GA
Last Updated: September 14, 2021
Payrate: $25-$30/hour depending on experience; expected 20-25 hours a week.
NETWorks Cooperative Ministries, Inc. is located in Tucker, Georgia. We are seeking an individual with at least five years of fundraising and grant writing experience. The Specialist will work with the Executive Director to complete a campaign to fund expanded facility space and its renovation. We are currently well on our way to our goal! The individual must possess demonstrable experience writing and securing grants, staffing cultivation calls, and submitting stewardship letters and reports. The position will also have the lead on grant and individual prospect research and maintaining an active list of prospects for cultivation and solicitation calls. The Development Specialist will assist, in a limited capacity, with the annual year-end mail campaign, and other development-related tasks.
The position is part-time and temporary, with the possibility of additional employment after the initial period. Workplace setting can be negotiated as sometimes remote, with an average workweek of 20-25 hours from September 2021 through March 2022.
The primary position objective is to raise funds from foundations, corporations, businesses, and individuals to secure the necessary funding for facility expansion/relocation and renovation. Reporting will be through the Executive Director, with the assistance of the Board and Development Committee. Our strong community relationships make this an ideal position for an experienced fundraiser in search of a flexible, supported contract position.
- Conduct prospect research and manage a database of qualified prospects for corporate, foundation, civic, business, and individual cultivation and solicitation calls
- Work with the Executive Director, Board, and Development Committee to identify prospects.
- Provide briefing materials, research, and strategies that result in successful coordination and conducting of cultivation and solicitation calls
- Track deadlines and criteria for timely submission of corporation, foundation, and individual proposals, applications, and requests
- Submit stewardship and other reports by stated deadlines
- Work with the Executive Director to provide updates of the project goal, and to support the goals and objectives of the annual fundraising plan
- Maintain accurate database profiles of prospects, submissions, and reports
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with organization staff and volunteers
- Ability to handle multiple projects and to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Greater Atlanta philanthropic community
- Superior writing, research, and editing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong research and data management skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, and five or more years of demonstrably successful grant solicitation
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite; knowledge of Bloomerang CRM a plus
- Ability to perform typical office tasks, and to travel by personal vehicle to scheduled calls