ABOUT SILICON VALLEY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
Silicon Valley Community Foundation (SVCF) is a regional catalyst, connector and collaborator. We bring together the resources and skills of donors, business, government and community to solve some of our region’s toughest challenges. We promote philanthropy in our region and support philanthropists to invest with impact. Through advocacy, research, policy and grantmaking, we seek systemic solutions to drive enduring community change. Learn more at siliconvalleycf.org.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
This is a full-time, exempt level position in Mountain View, CA.
SVCF’s work environment is based on a holistic wellness approach and therefore, has embraced a hybrid remote/office work environment. All SVCF team members must be based and hold residency in California and must be able to regularly attend team and staff meetings, trainings and other gathering in Mountain View when required.
Reporting to the Communications Director, this position is an integral part of the marketing and communications team. The Events and Webinar Manager is responsible for providing critical facilitation, support and project management for all external-facing events, including in-person, virtual and hybrid events. This role supports the goals of the organization and the department by collaborating with SVCF colleagues, grantee organizations, community partners, donors, and other constituents to develop and execute great internal and external events to further SVCF’s impact.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead project teams to produce event and webinar deliverables for all organizational divisions. This includes managing project budgets, managing relationships with internal staff and with vendors, creating implementation plans and tracking outcomes.
- Facilitate a collaborative process for developing project timelines, deliverables, and work plans; initiate, track, and coordinate multiple strands of activity to ensure that projects and deliverables are progressing in a timely manner.
- Meet with internal clients on a regular basis to understand event goals and identify key messages. Help ensure that the Marcom team’s work products support these goals and align with key messages.
- Manage event and webinar production schedules using project management software, supplemented with team check-ins.
- Provide internal client consultation as needed regarding marketing and events best practices and processes.
- Further develop a foundation-wide event and webinar execution framework to manage all aspects of logistics, to include event development, marketing, invitations, registration, and production.
- Develop event performance metrics; track event performance and metrics to evaluate impact.
- Lead event management and execution, including content strategy, scheduling and sourcing speakers; manage the events calendar.
- Identify and manage external vendors (e.g., caterers, designers, printers). to support events vendors
- Conduct site visits for convenings and events; make recommendation on site selection and essential suppliers for various meetings. As appropriate, negotiate venue and vendor contracts.
- Support additional marketing and communications efforts and take on special projects and duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLSETS
- At least 5 years of experience in event and webinar planning and execution. Webinar and video production experience is preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Zoom and other webinar platforms.
- Commitment to excellent customer service, both to internal and external parties.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage time.
- Ability to prioritize and consistently meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with high standards; experience in setting and reinforcing deadlines for others.
- Strong oral communications skills; high level of comfort communicating one-on-one or in groups of internal constituents.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization, from the immediate marketing team to the executive office.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with external vendors, from intake to ongoing communications about deliverables.
- Proficiency using software for the following tasks, at a minimum (or willingness to learn these platforms): project management (MS Planner ); collaboration (Box, Slack).
- Comfortable with shifting priorities or ambiguity; ability to manage complexity well.
- Equal levels of comfort with thinking strategically and executing on tasks.
- Ability to approach situations and challenges with a sense of humor and willingness to learn.
- Embrace SVCF’s values of courage, collaboration, inclusion, respect and accountability.