The Lupton Center is the Training and Consulting division of FCS | Focused Community Strategies. The work of The Lupton Center is to support FCS by exporting FCS’s practices and principles on Holistic Neighborhood Development to communities around the globe. FCS focuses on place-based, impact-oriented, long-term development. Our training and consulting division is looking to partner with other place-based leaders and organizations to equip them to empower their communities to thrive.
As a member of the FCS team, a Lead Trainer & Consultant will support the FCS Director of Training and Consulting by leading our existing training and consulting resources as well as developing new ones, especially as it relates to scaling of our City Shapers cohorts. City Shapers is a two-year, place-based cohort made up of multiple organizations from the same community who work together under The Lupton Center’s guidance to assess program and community health, build alignment amongst stakeholders and residents, and develop sustainable strategies for long-term impact.
This position will work collaboratively with other Consultants, Advisors, Managers, and Interns on the FCS Training and Consulting team in the development and execution of our content, resources, processes, and tools. A primary focus of this position is expansion of our City Shapers cohort program, which from 2021 to 2025 will spread into 12 new cities.
Reports To: Director of Training and Consulting
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
A Lupton Center Lead Trainer must have...
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in leadership in an organization that does community-based work
- At least 10 years of experience in professional leadership positions of any type
- Experience working with churches and faith-based organizations to help them leverage their faith for meaningful impact in their communities
- Competence and confidence to engage a variety of Christian theological traditions in ways that call them toward deeper engagement in their community
- Experience and competence in teaching/training
- Experience in coaching other leaders to improve their ability to lead their organization into healthier community engagement
- Experience in building coalitions from diverse sectors to engage in collaborative work in their communities
- Experience in creating engaging content for training and consultative experiences
- A degree(s) in or certification(s) in one or more of the necessary areas of expertise (nonprofit leadership, church leadership, business administration or development, community development, education, poverty alleviation, or executive coaching)
- Experience and competence in designing and implementing content for teaching/training
- Familiarity with FCS, community development, poverty alleviation, and/or change management
QUALITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
Because the Leader Trainer will...
- Frequently guide groups of various sizes in Lupton Center training events, an LC Trainer & Consultant must be a strong communicator with large and small groups able to present material and facilitate group interaction
- Oversee a large number of clients and projects at any given time, an LC Trainer & Consultant must be very organized and highly self-motivated
- Work with a broad range or groups with various belief systems, backgrounds, and contexts, an LC Lead Trainer & Consultant must be comfortable and skilled in engaging diverse groups so that others feel seen, heard, and cared for.
- Work with leaders and organizations who are often working in communities of color, an LC Lead Trainer & Consultant must have personal experience working on and has also undergone training to understand racial justice and equity.
- Collaborate with an FCS staff that is diverse in personal and professional background, an LC Lead Trainer & Consultant must be committed to co-building a team culture of equity and inclusion
- Be a member of a dynamic and growing team, an LC Lead Trainer & Consultant will need to be a strong and creative collaborator open to giving and receiving new ideas, critiques, and celebrations
- Frequently present proposals, content, and reports to clients, an LC Lead Trainer & Consultant must have strong written communications skills that presents information in concise, clear, and compelling ways
- Not only engage existing clients but will be working to create new clients, an LC Lead Trainer & Consultant must be skilled at connecting with people in a personal way
- Frequently guide cohorts of leaders and organizations in Lupton Center processes, an LC Lead Trainer & Consultant must be skilled at organizing groups around a common goal navigating different personalities, ideas, preferences, and beliefs
- Seek to impact diverse clients with a wide range of challenges, an LC Lead Trainer & Consultant must be a committed learner and critical thinker
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Client Account Management
- An LC Lead Trainer & Consultant will be responsible working with our Accounts Manager ensuring each client account is professional managed so that clients are well cared for, our processes are efficient, and budget goals are met
- Resources and Curriculum Development
- An LC Lead Trainer & Consultant will be responsible for designing, testing, improving, and executing a growing suite of curricula and tools for our clients
- An LC Lead Trainer & Consultant will work with the Director and other members of the LC team to devise and implement a strategy for client engagement that leads to long-term impact
- An LC Lead Trainer & Consultant will travel to facilitate existing and upcoming LC training resources, especially as they relate to City Shapers cohorts
- An LC Lead Trainer & Consultant will set up and lead coaching and consulting engagements within their client account portfolio
- An LC Lead Trainer & Consultant will facilitate various assessments and help to train future Consulting Associates on facilitating these assessments
- An LC Lead Trainer & Consultant will facilitate City Shapers and help to train future facilitators
- Business Development
- An LC Lead Trainer & Consultant will implement the LC Business Development model to ensure we have a strong and steady client base
- An LC Lead Trainer & Consultant will work to scale existing and upcoming tools along with a team of Associates, Advisors, and Consultants in pursuit of greater impact and sustainability
- Team Alignment and Growth
- An LC Lead Trainer & Consultant will commit to aligning with and strengthening all existing and upcoming team members at FCS | Focused Community Strategies
- Keynote and Pages familiarity is preferred but not necessary
- Google Suite familiarity is preferred but not necessary
The Lead Trainer & Consultant role will be based out of Atlanta. We are currently working in our offices two days a week and remotely the remainder of the week. Some travel required.
This is a full-time salaried position with employer paid benefits
Start Date: As soon as available
No phone calls please. Please submit a Cover Letter and Resumé to Alexei@fcsministries.org