Human Services Agency
County of San Mateo
$8,308 - $10,386 / Month
The Human Services Agency of the County of San Mateo is seeking highly-motivated, experienced candidates for a Management Analyst opportunity. This position will allow you to enhance your budget and performance management skills, while working on a wide range of challenging projects and initiatives for the Human Services Agency.
Successful candidates will have experience in public administration and finance, be self-motivated, highly analytical strategic thinkers, and be detail oriented with the ability to solve business problems and deliver insights that enable timely and effective operational decision-making.
The Human Services Agency’s Budget and Performance Unit in the Financial Services Division develops and monitors the $275 million budget and assists in developing, monitoring, and reporting on the Agency's Performance Measures. Management Analysts perform a wide variety of highly complex analytical and administrative support activities and provide high-level support to Agency Directors and Managers.
The ideal candidates for this position are:
- Knowledgeable of advanced principles and practices of public administration and program management
- Able to analyze complex problems accurately, develop practical recommendations, and take appropriate action to resolve them
- Politically-astute strategic thinkers and planners
- Able to analyze, organize, and condense a wide variety of moderate-to-complex budgetary issues and subject matter information into specific and detailed analytical reports
- Highly skilled in the effective use of automated systems, in particular Excel, to perform analyses and prepare reports
- Able to communicate concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing to convey financial information to a diverse audience in reports, worksheets, and instructions
- Able to build strong effective relations and partnerships by using a collaborative style in reaching solutions to problems and accomplishing goals
- Able to assist in developing, tracking, and reporting Performance Measures
- Quick learners who work well independently and as part of a team
- Able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Open minded, creative, and comfortable with change.
There is currently one full-time permanent vacancy and one full-time extra help vacancy in the Budget and Performance Unit of the Human Services Agency. The Agency plans to fill the position at the more experienced Management Analyst level.
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Successful Management Analysts have come from a variety of professional backgrounds. Typical ways to obtain the required qualifications could include:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in political science, public administration/policy, business, economics, or a related field, plus three years of analyst experience; or
- A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in political science, public administration/policy, business, economics, or a related field, plus one year of analyst experience; or
- Five years of analyst experience in a public agency or nonprofit setting.
Final Filing Date: September 23, 2021
To learn more about the position and to apply online, visit our website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sanmateo/jobs/3219200/management-analyst-human-services-agency-open-and-promotional. Applications are only accepted online. Responses to the supplemental questions must be submitted in addition to our regular employment application form. A resume will not be accepted as a substitute for the required employment application and supplemental questionnaire. EOE