NCTC is hiring a Conservatory Programs Manager. The job is full-time, exempt, working Tuesday-Saturday. This position reports to the Conservatory Director.
NCTC’s Conservatory Programs Manager is responsible for the administration of both onsite and satellite Conservatory programs and the management of well-established after school programs and residencies. In addition to administrative tasks, this position requires supervising and teaching youth grades K-8.
The Conservatory Programs Manager partners with the Conservatory Director to:
- Develop and implement specialized curriculum that meets the needs of our students and community.
- Recruit, train, and mentor teaching artists.
- Foster new relationships to increase outreach and engagement.
- Advocate for NCTC at community and special events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage Drama Explorer Satellite Program: Serve as primary liaison between NCTC and the host schools or community centers, promote and develop program, prepare contracts, arrange scheduling, book teaching artists, meet the needs and goals of our grant-funded classes, manage timely correspondence.
- Conduct satellite site visits: Meet with school staff & program directors, observe teaching artists, host sample classes, attend first/final classes.
- Teach and mentor: Recruit and hire teaching artists, team-teach with new teaching artists, host meetings to provide professional development for teaching artists, substitute teach when necessary, lead teach as schedule permits.
- Conservatory administration: Work with the Conservatory Director to manage class and teaching artist schedules, registration, billing, teacher payroll, financial reports and meetings.
- Facilitate on-site Conservatory classes: Help conduct new student interviews and tours, open facilities and manage reception during onsite classes, oversee student arrival/dismissal, create supplemental morning programming to promote student engagement, co-host parent receptions or special events
- Outreach: Work with school teachers and administrators to provide meaningful experiences for their students, build and foster relationships and programming that reflect the diverse communities in San Francisco.
The Conservatory Programs Manager is required to:
- Be enthusiastic about advocating for and working with young people.
- Have the capacity to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment.
- Possess maturity, professionalism and reliability.
- Fully support the mission and values of NCTC and have an appreciation of theatre.
- Easily interact with people of different age groups and backgrounds: young people, parents, teaching artists, NCTC staff, and school administrators.
- This position generally works 10am-6pm Tuesday-Fridays and 9am-3pm on Saturdays, and requires periodic evening availability.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Experience teaching or working with students grades K-8.
- Strong proficiency in Google Docs Editor products (Docs, Sheets, Forms, Calendar).
- Knowledge of Salesforce and/or Patron Manage is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Possess a professional writing style for communications.
- Be organized and detail-oriented, but also able to pivot when needed.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Degree in Theatre or Education is a plus, but not mandatory.
- An understanding of, and appreciation for, the broad range of communities served by our education programs
- Bi-lingual is a plus.
Salary range: mid 40s DOE
NCTC is committed to diversity in all aspects of our hiring practices and we seek and encourage applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, or gender.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to: Kathleen@nctcsf.org
Please put Programs Manager in the Subject field
No calls please