Us: The Technology Resource Center of Marin (TRC), part of the Marin County Office of Education (MCOE) is an assistive technology center that serves special education students and educators in 19 school districts in Marin County - this includes over 4,000 students with special needs and their families. Celebrating our 20th anniversary this year, TRC was originally designed, created and funded through Dedication to Special Education (DSE), an all-volunteer parent organization that acts as the “special education PTA” for Marin County. This professional expert contract is accountable to both organizations - TRC and DSE - maintaining close contact with the parent group and our large network of families and educators. The contract is also responsible for maintaining our database, communication, and collaboration with schools, district staff, and families, scheduling and arranging trainings and meetings, and outreach throughout our Marin County network. This renewable contract is a 10-month position - MCOE public school calendar applies, complete with all school holidays. The atmosphere is friendly and flexible, the job is perfect for a person who likes variety and is able to stay organized and focused.
You: You are a self-starter who is able to multitask, budget your time, and prioritize your workflow. You are comfortable with computers and technology - you are familiar with databases and cloud computing. Familiarity with accounting concepts is also a must. You are detail-oriented and enjoy learning new skills. You are socially comfortable interacting with a wide range of people. You are able to work independently with limited oversight. Please be comfortable and/or willing to learn quickly with all tech platforms: Mac, PC, iOS, Google. You are not afraid of website management and will be able to update both sites as needed. A major component of this contract is communication with others - both in-person and digital communication. You should be able to draft and compose communications, newsletters, and outreach materials independently.
The Work: Located at the Technology Resource Center of Marin in Terra Linda. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answering phone, email, and digital outreach for the center and the parent network
- Scheduling meetings, consultations and other activities as needed
- Outreach communications for both school professionals and families
- Handling mail (includes traveling a short distance ~1 mile to MCOE offices to pick up)
- Processing donations and invoices, maintaining grants database, and tracking both DSE and TRC expenditures
- Producing regular budget reports (a matter of making sure all inputs are correct and running the automated database reporting system)
- Maintains and updates listservs and contact information for DSE and TRC related communications
- Maintains database records, files and other data information, extracting a wide variety of reports
- Able and willing to take on technical troubleshooting as you grow into the job
- General office maintenance, overall appearance, supplies, maintaining the lending library of equipment
Other tasks as needed and as you become familiar with the job