Jewish Family & Career Services of Atlanta (JF&CS) offers best-in-class, person-centered programs and resources to transform lives. Building on our 125-year history, we are here to help individuals and families of all faiths live to their full potential. Guided by Jewish values, we are a welcoming community, and our experienced professionals bring integrity and compassion to their work in the fields of aging and older adults, career counseling, dentistry, mental health, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and need-based support services. We serve thousands of individuals annually regardless of age, race, religion, national origin or ability to pay.
JF&CS is now seeking an Executive Functioning Coach.
PURPOSE: The Executive Functioning (EF) Coach will work with Child and Family Center clients to explore the cognitive and behavioral aspects of executive functioning which allows us to set goals and achieve them. To improve the client’s level of competencies, the EF Coach will incorporate basic skills of self-management such as managing emotions, taking initiative, staying focused, being organized, and planning and prioritizing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct individualized support to clients during one-on-one sessions
- Assist clients in the development of executive functioning skills, including organization, time management, task initiation, prioritization, study skills, test taking skills, stress tolerance, etc.
- Assist clients and families with self-advocacy skills, such as emailing teachers or requesting accommodations
- Help clients find a system of organization that works best for them to complete homework on time, manage and prioritize daily/monthly homework, plan ahead for long-term projects and prepare for required exams
- Help clients create and maintain a proper structure at home, at school, and in their everyday life
- Work directly with the client and their family members, educators and other service providers, to create an environment that helps facilitate success in addressing specific needs and personal goals
- Document and communicate progress reports
- Provide constructive feedback for clients and their family members
- Experience working with students with thinking/learning differences
- Excellent organizational, study and time management skills
- Passionate about helping children and adolescents who struggle with executive functioning deficits
- Ability to act independently and professionally when engaging with clients, families, other service providers, and schools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to personalize instruction to each student’s learning style
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- High integrity when dealing with a broad array of cultures, lifestyles, behaviors and spiritual practices
- High integrity when dealing with restricted and/or confidential information
- Ability to deal therapeutically with behavioral and emotional problems presented by young people
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with clients while building trust and respect
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- Master’s degree strongly preferred
- An understanding of Executive Function and how it relates to mental health issues
- Background in special education and/or previous education experience preferred
- Work experience in community based health care service capacity preferred
How to Apply?
To apply, please follow this link to locate the full job description and application: Jobs @ JF&CS
Where permitted by applicable law, an applicant must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire to be considered for employment. JF&CS is an EEO employer and will engage in interactive dialogue regarding any accommodation requested based on medical or religious considerations.