Unite America seeks a full-time Program Associate. The Program Associate is responsible for providing project management, administrative, and research support to the Reform and Partnerships team.
Unite America is a coalition of Democrats, Republicans, and independents that aims to foster a representative and functional government committed to solving our major challenges. We invest in candidates, campaigns, and organizations to advance nonpartisan electoral reforms that improve governing incentives and put voters first.
Founded in 2014, Unite America and its 20-person team has grown to be a leader in the democracy reform movement--supporting, coordinating and executing to advance policy and elect pro-reform candidates. The Unite America Fund launched in 2019 and has since mobilized millions of dollars from dozens of philanthropists to reform campaigns and candidates across the country.
Over the last three years, the Unite America Fund has been the driving force behind passing and implementing Ranked Choice Voting in NYC, the largest expansion of RCV in history; defeating the most extremist member of Congress in their primary election in 2020; adopting a first of it's kind final-four voting system in Alaska to address the “primary problem;” winning an anti-gerrymandering campaign in Virginia; and electing state lawmakers across the country who have formed cross-partisan legislative caucuses already advancing groundbreaking electoral reforms. We are focused on dramatically scaling our impact in the years to come.
At Unite America, we are working to build a more representative and functional government that puts voters first and reflects the diversity of our country. An inclusive democracy where leaders embrace problem solving over fueling divisiveness. Likewise, organizationally, we have a vision of building a team that reflects diverse identities, experiences and perspectives; a culture of working across differences toward common goals; and a workplace where everyone feels included, respected and heard. To that end, Unite America is proud to have made diversifying our team, ensuring more equitable opportunity, and fostering a culture of belonging a priority. Our organizational values reinforce this commitment as we work to model the leadership we seek, solve problems together, and take care of one another, to name a few.
The Program Associate will play a key role in a fast-paced organization and department working to rapidly scale the number of political reform campaigns across the country. No day will be the same, but the individual will be a key player in administering a number of key functions and programs, including the evaluation of grant proposals, the development of investment collateral, and the execution of new strategic and programmatic initiatives.
The Program Associate will be based in Denver, CO reporting to the Sr. Director of Policy and Partnerships and working closely with the Managing Director. This is a full-time role with full benefits.
- Assist senior team members in driving new strategic initiatives (e.g. conservative mobilization and voting rights groups engagement)
- Support the evaluation of grant proposals and help ensure the accountability for results among campaigns and organizations in our investment portfolio
- Help develop partnerships with 25+ key national nonpartisan allies and hundreds of state and local partners
- Maintain movement wide resources such as a polling bank and the democracyjobs.org platform
- Draft updates on our investment portfolio for internal and external stakeholders
- Attend virtual events and presentations and provide notes to senior staff
- Conduct ad hoc research projects
- Administer grant agreements by working with grantees and our operations team
- Interface with our development and operations teams to track the Unite America Fund budget
- Provide project management for new and existing programmatic initiatives
- Organize and maintain key files, including trackers, budgets, and proposals
- Contribute to the organization’s culture and live our values in the workplace
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You are entrepreneurial, mission aligned and a dynamic self-starter who can proactively identify and address challenges and opportunities. You are eager to organize, improve processes, and learn. You have proven experience administering programs, supporting projects, and conducting research.
- You have 2+ years of relevant work experience, ideally in a political or nonprofit capacity.
- You have a strong desire to fix a broken political system and passion for our cause.
- You can multitask, prioritize, and execute at a high level.
- You are energized by a fast-paced, innovative environment with high expectations.
- You are a clear, concise, and effective communicator when writing to and speaking with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- You have project management and research experience.
- You possess an all hands on deck, team-first mentality, and you believe no task is beneath you.
- You have a very high standard of professionalism and personal integrity.
- You feel comfortable creating, refining, and maintaining spreadsheets and tracking systems.
- You are proficient in Google suite (e.g. Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Sheets, Slides, etc.).
- [Ideal] You have a bachelor’s degree.
- [Ideal] You have experience in the politics industry.
- Competitive Compensation (est. $45k - $50k)
- Health Care Plan (medical, dental, and vision)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (vacation, sick days, and public holidays)
- Family Leave (maternity and paternity)
- Training & Professional Development
- Wellness Resources
- Opportunity to join an inclusive, vibrant, and diverse team
- Ideal location: our office headquarters is in the heart of Denver