Director of Development
The Cobb County Veterans Memorial Foundation has plans underway for constructing a Veterans’ Memorial. The three-acre site will serve the dual purpose of honoring the county’s Veterans and their families. The site is centrally located adjacent to the Cobb County Civic Center and the Cobb County Central Aquatic Center on Fairground Street in Marietta, GA. The projected design and construction costs of the Memorial will be funded primarily by fundraising activities. Accordingly, the Foundation is seeking an experienced Director to perform this important function.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Reporting to the Cobb Veterans Memorial Foundation (CVMF) Board of Directors, the Director of Development is the primary resource for the implementation of the initiative by raising funds and growing the organization’s major donors throughout the local community and beyond. The CVMF is dedicated to serving and recognizing the sacrifices and contributions of the large Veteran population and their families who reside throughout the County.
The position is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing CVMF’s fundraising, including the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, grants, special events and capital campaigns initiatives. Fundraising is the core task of the Director of Development.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effectiveCommunications with them,
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors, Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements, Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies, Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising events, Develop an annual Campaign Plan, Chair, organize, and direct small foundation Sub-committees, Work closely with Sub-committees to ensure continuity of Foundation operations, Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the CVMF programs and initiatives, Oversee database and tracking systems, Oversee creation of publications and marketing to support fundraising activities, Maintain gift recognition programs, Always demonstrate professional conduct, Develop monthly status reports for updates to Board of Directors, Perform other related duties as directed by Board of Directors
- Must embrace the mission of the Cobb Veterans Memorial Foundation,
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills,
- Strong communications and public speaking ability,
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising,
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships,
- Be a “self-starter” and goal-driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls,
- Team player with the ability to work with small and large teams,
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals,
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense, and good listening ability,
- Computer proficiency with full Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint,
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree with master’s highly desirable,
- 2-3 years minimum experience in professional fundraising
Part-time: 20-25 hours weekly
Salary Range: $55,500 - $60,000 (additional expense stipend provided)
Experience and other qualifications final determining factor.
Please reply with a cover letter and resume' to Cobb Veterans Memorial Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 5083, Marietta, GA 30061-5083 with a courtesy copy via Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.