Food Well Alliance (FWA) is a collaborative network of local leaders working together to build thriving community gardens and urban farms across metro Atlanta. Our mission is to provide resources and support to local growers to connect and build healthier communities. Our vision is for an equitable, local food ecosystem in which everyone can participate and benefit.
In 2015, Jim Kennedy, chair of Cox Enterprises, and Bill Bolling, founder of the Atlanta Community Food Bank, had an idea to build healthier communities across metro Atlanta by connecting and supporting members of our local food movement. FWA exists to bring this vision to life. Today, we support more than 120 community gardens and 35 urban farms in Fulton, DeKalb, Cobb, Gwinnett, and Clayton counties.
Since 2015, FWA has engaged thousands of people annually around the issues of local food and has provided more than $4 million in direct resources to nearly 200 farms, gardens and local food organizations across our 5-county service area. We have turned farmers into entrepreneurs, community gardeners into vocal neighborhood leaders, and citizens into champions for healthy soil.
Food Well Alliance accomplishes its work through two primary program areas:
1. Resource Center- We provide centralized resources to build a supportive ecosystem for thriving community gardens and urban farms. We accomplish this work through 5 areas of support: Knowledge (e.g. trainings and workshops), Volunteer and Labor Support, Compost, Tools & Equipment, and Capacity Building Grants (for urban farms, community gardens, and community food organizations).
2. Policy & Advocacy- We bring local government leaders together with community and local food leaders to develop plans that bring urban agriculture into city planning processes similar to a housing or transportation plan. We accomplish this work primarily through our City Agriculture Planning, in partnership with the Atlanta Regional Commission. We are currently focused on implementing the region’s first ever City Agriculture Plan in the City of East Point and launching the process to select the next metro Atlanta city to participate in City Agriculture Planning.
Food Well Alliance is seeking a qualified Development Manager to support and help grow our organization's fundraising strategy. The Development Manager, reporting to the Director of Development & Marketing, will fill a critical role of strategically managing our individual donor campaigns and assisting with corporate and foundation fundraising. He/she/they will also assist with other development activities to help the organization meet its revenue goals and access the resources necessary to fulfill its mission. Ideal candidates for this role should be organized, in-tune with fundraising trends and best practices, deadline-oriented, and an excellent writer and
● Work with Director of Development & Marketing to develop and execute Food Well Alliance’s annual fundraising and donor stewardship plans
● Plan and execute annual fundraising campaigns, including coordinating with team members to design the campaign, develop solicitation lists, and write, design and execute direct mail and e-mail components
● Assist Executive Director and Director of Development & Marketing with corporate and foundation fundraising efforts, including grant research and writing, maintaining a grants calendar, preparing organizational documents for proposal submission, and compiling and submitting reports to grantors.
● Maintain FWA’s donor database (Kindful) and execute prompt acknowledgement of donations
● Compile donor lists for the annual report and participate in the creation of the annual report as needed
● Work with Brand & Experience Coordinator to manage fundraising (sponsorships, ticket sales) around annual special events
● Work closely with Marketing Manager to produce quarterly donor email newsletter
● Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program
● At least two years of experience in development or related field
● Knowledgeable about fundraising trends and tools
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Self-starter who is highly organized with strong attention to detail
● Knowledge of or interest in Atlanta’s local food movement and how to best engage the community around local food
● Project management experience
● Familiarity with Google Suite and donor database systems s (e.g. Kindful)
The salary range is $45,000 - $55,000. Benefits are comprehensive and include medical insurance, life insurance, 3% employer-matched contributions toward a 401(k)-retirement plan and a generous paid-time-off policy.
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Food Well Alliance is a community that is proud to represent different racial, socio-economic, gender, and other identities. Our diversity as a community is our strength, driving our ability to be empathetic, visionary, and effective leaders in the local food movement and our city.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to email@example.com, to the attention of Amy Hudson, Director of Marketing & Development, by October 1st, 2021. Include “Development Manager_Last Name” in the email subject line.