School Profile: The Howard School educates students with language-based learning disabilities and learning differences through instruction designed to complement and address each student’s individual needs, and to help each student understand and advocate for his or her own learning process. The curriculum focuses on depth of understanding to make learning meaningful and therefore, maximize educational success.
Position Description: The Howard School is seeking a creative and organized individual to join its Advancement Team. Under supervision of the Director of Advancement, this individual provides general Advancement Office support and assists with day-to-day tasks related to overall school fundraising campaigns, constituent communications and outreach, special events planning and implementation, community relations, alumni relations, and donor stewardship. This individual will also collaborate closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to support and the development of print, electronic, and social media communications.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Implement numerous mail, print, digital, and social media communications and campaigns to maintain the integrity of The Howard School brand. Support the production of fundraising campaigns, the bi-annual magazine, website and other communications, including writing, editing, proofreading, and photography.
- Assist in planning, coordination, and implementation of special events, including donor gatherings and celebrations, volunteer appreciation events, and other annual schoolwide programs
- Assists with the creation of the school’s Weekly newsletter, planning for and keeping our community informed
- Maintain databases of active community members and alumni families and alumni.
- Helps to coordinate Advancement’s marketing/communication projects, working to ensure calendar coordination, project alignment with school priorities, and meeting deadlines
- Maintain and organize photo archives for use by Advancement, Marketing and Communications, and Admissions
- Perform scheduled audits of the website, updating as needed
- Training in Howard School systems will be required and provided
- Provide general office support
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job
Non-Essential Job duties/Responsibilities:
Other duties as assigned
- Audible hearing and voice
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. (special events set-up), kneeling bending and stooping
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum three (3) years of development, sales, or customer service experience, with annual fund or alumni relations experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all school matters, including donor and volunteer information.
- Flexible attitude and ability to work as part of a team and willingness to take on responsibilities beyond those explicitly assigned.
- Ability to manage multiple project priorities and work against deadlines.
- Ability to relate to donors, volunteers and suppliers in a professional manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive; experience with database software or donor database preferred; and, basic digital design skills preferred.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills and proven organizational skills.
This job description may be revised at any time by the School. It is not a contract of employment. All employment at the School is at-will, such that employment may be terminated by either party at any time.