Jewish Family & Career Services of Atlanta (JF&CS) offers best-in-class, person-centered programs, and resources to transform lives. Building on our 125-year history, we are here to help individuals and families of all faiths live to their full potential. Guided by Jewish values, we are a welcoming community, and our experienced professionals bring integrity and compassion to their work in the fields of aging and older adults, career counseling, dentistry, mental health, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and need-based support services. We serve thousands of individuals annually regardless of age, race, religion, national origin, or ability to pay.
JF&CS is now seeking an Emergency Assistance Program/Senior Case Manager.
PURPOSE: This position will be responsible for all operations of the JF&CS Emergency Assistance Program for Jewish individuals and families and the broader community as well. The program provides financial assistance for Jewish and general community members and families in need of gap funds for rent, food, medical copays, gas, car payment, insurance payment, work clothes, etc.; and longer-term assistance to include case management and interest-free loans. The Program/Senior Case Manager will be responsible for overseeing intake, need assessment, financial assistance recommendations, and coordination of services with the case manager to address non-financial barriers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of the day-to-day operations of the Emergency Assistance Program (EAP). This includes overseeing and performing intakes and needs assessments to identify eligibility, degree of financial assistance, need for referral/service coordination, and/or need for ongoing case management. Develop individualized service plans and track plan progress/outcomes with client’s receiving case management.
- Make financial assistance recommendations for clients based on needs assessment
- Meet grant deliverables, oversee grant budget, and manage reporting due to Funders and JF&CS, including narrative compilation and expense reports
- Ensure that outcomes data is appropriately collected, analyzed, and used to modify programs for highest impact.
- Provide supervision and oversight to case manager and other program staff
- Develop and manage protocols, process, and criteria for emergency assistance program
- Coordinate activities and services, which include working collaboratively with community partners like synagogues and other Jewish and broader community organizations to leverage resources for the benefit of the clients served through this initiative
- Develop partnerships throughout the Jewish and broader community to ensure funds and case management services are getting to those who need them.
- Provide information and referrals to clients by working collaboratively with JF&CS professionals
- Administer baseline and follow up surveys to track progress
- Conduct outreach to partners and seniors in the community to increase program enrollment and partnerships
- Attend meetings as required
- Candidate must have a strong background in working with vulnerable populations and be familiar with community resources.
- Knowledge/experience working with and resources for emergency assistance and vulnerable populations.
- Proficient communication and computer skills, as well as strong organizational, outreach, financial, and volunteer management skills and, have an entrepreneurial spirit to continue the growth development of this community-wide service.
- Candidate should also be comfortable working independently with minimal supervision.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- MSW preferred and BSW or other relevant degree required. Own transportation required.
How to Apply?
To apply, please follow this link to locate the full job description and application: Jobs @ JF&CS
Where permitted by applicable law, applicant must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or received their initial dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for employment. JF&CS is an EEO employer and will engage in interactive dialogue regarding any accommodation requested based on medical or religious considerations.