Position: Full-time Senior Center Manager - Atlanta 30303
Position Overview: Senior Services North Fulton, Inc. is a non-profit agency whose mission is to provide services and support for seniors to enhance their quality of life and independence in our community. One of our largest programs is our Senior Centers, where independent seniors, age 60+, come during the day to socialize, have lunch and participate in classes in such areas as art, exercise, health education, etc. at no cost to themselves.
The Senior Center Manager, with the help of a part-time Center Assistant, oversees the daily operations of a senior center that has an average daily attendance of 20 people. The Center Manager has three main priorities - to ensure the participants have fun, to ensure the participants are safe, and to ensure the center is in compliance with all rules and regulations. To do this the Center Manager's tasks include, but are not limited to: creating an activities calendar; running activities; supervising the Center Assistant, volunteers and outside providers; community outreach; data entry/reporting; serving lunch; answering phones; reporting and ensuring facilities issues resolved.
We currently have a Center Manager opening at our Auburn Senior Center. The Center Manager works every day, Monday – Friday from 8am-4pm.
- Oversee the daily functioning of the Senior Center including but not limited to congregate meals, programming, transportation, and facilities.
- Plan and implement activities/programs in conjunction with the Site Council according to Title III guidelines and requirements.
- Develop outreach activities to increase public awareness of center activities and agency services, and recruit center participants.
- Manage Center programming budget.
- Possess a clear understanding and ability to communicate the intent and compliance requirements of all Title III and Fulton County Office of Aging (FCoA) policies that govern Senior Centers.
- Ensure that all required paperwork and programmatic reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Possess a clear understanding of the goals and policies of Senior Services North Fulton, Inc.
- Train and provide ongoing supervision of the Center Assistant.
- Other duties related to Senior Center Management and the Agency as directed by the Client Services Director.
- Attend SSNF Staff meetings, Center Manager meetings and required training.
- Attend FCoA and ARC meetings as required.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Previous work experience with older adults and diverse groups of people
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Previous experience in a multi-task work environment
- Good interpersonal and computer skills
- Ability to face challenges and be flexible
- An understanding of senior issues; ability to competently meet their needs
- Good physical condition: able to lift up to 15 pounds
- Must be a team player
- Bachelors – level degree in recreation therapy, social work, gerontology, or related field
- Appropriate knowledge of and skills in working with older adults
- ServeSafe Certification, or ability to pass the exam provided
- First Aid and CPR certification, will be provided
- Must pass background check which includes fingerprint scan
- Must pass Drug Test
Thank you for your interest. Only resumes submitted via email will be considered. Phone calls will disqualify candidates from consideration. Only those that are selected for interview will be contacted.