Under the supervision of the Laboratory Reporting Coordinator, this position will provide initial guidance, training, and support for the Quality Analytics team within the California Department of Public Health’s California Reportable Disease Information Exchange (CalREDIE). The CalREDIE Quality Analytics team ensures that laboratories conducting SARS-CoV-2 testing are electronically reporting these results with timely and complete data. The Quality Analytics Team Lead will organize and oversee the daily efforts of the Quality Analytics team, as well as consult with CalREDIE leadership on the identification and extraction of key metrics related to laboratory testing data. This position will play a primary role in coordinating responses to ad hoc data and analysis requests from CalREDIE and CDPH leadership about laboratory reporting data. This position may also contribute to data collection and analysis for internal program evaluation efforts. As needed, this position may also support other COVID-19 projects.
Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
Must submit a resume and cover letter with the application. Please provide (3) professional references.
• Lead and coordinate the work efforts of laboratory reporting analysts to review incoming lab reports, data extracts, dashboards, and portals to identify reporting exceptions.
• Develop standard processes and protocols for analysis and investigation of laboratory data quality issues.
• Write queries using SQL to identify laboratory data submitter errors, omissions, and anomalies.
• Provide technical and analytic consultation and expertise to the CalREDIE laboratory reporting section
• Perform ad hoc analyses and data reporting as requested by CalREDIE leadership
• Document and communicate identified issues succinctly and in a timely fashion, escalating issues affecting test and/or case counts.
• Produce data visualizations and written and oral reports.
• Perform other duties as directed by the CalREDIE Lab Reporting Coordinator.
• Ability to perform data analysis, data cleaning, and data quality assessment with attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with public health, laboratory, technical and healthcare professionals, and internal partners.
• Knowledge and application of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements and protection of health information.
• Prior knowledge and experience with Health Level 7 (HL7), preferred.
• High level analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Completes assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and work independently.
• Demonstrate reliability and integrity.
• Prior knowledge and experience in use of CalREDIE, preferred.
• Fluency in spoken English is required.
• Candidacy for or completed Master’s degree in data science, applied statistics, healthcare informatics, or other data-oriented field, preferred.
• Advanced knowledge and use of both SQL and a high-level programming language (either R or Python), required.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel (such as lookup functions, VBA, pivot tables)
• Experience with laboratory or healthcare data.
• Experience in coordinating complex projects.
• Experience with data visualization software such as Tableau or R, preferred.
Other Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Knowledge of and skilled in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Power Point
- Stand Frequently
- Walk Frequently
- Sit Frequently
- Handling / Fingering Frequently
- Reach Outward Occasionally
- Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally
- Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend Occasionally
- Lift / Carry Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
- Push/Pull Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
- See (Vision) Constantly
- Taste/ Smell Not Applicable
Constantly (5+ hrs/day)
Frequently (2 - 5 hrs/day)
Occasionally (0 - 2 hrs/day)
Not Applicable Not required for essential functions
Must have functioning internet access at remote location.
Please apply at the following URL: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/PUB1001PUBH/JobBoard/6705aa07-0bcb-4660-ad1b-2fda952becc7/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=7ac50331-f02a-4095-b0bf-2c91c210d75a
It is the policy of Heluna Health to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Heluna Health is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages minorities, women, veterans, and disabled to apply.