Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund (“Everytown for Gun Safety”) is the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country. Everytown for Gun Safety’s Political Team is seeking to hire 4 Regional Political Managers to help build the strength and power of our grassroots volunteer network, Moms Demand Action, in the lead up to the 2022 election cycle. Our goal is to build a pipeline of gun safety candidates up and down the ballot and to ensure that gun safety is a winning issue in races across the country. Regional Political Managers will be responsible for providing training to volunteers in their regions who are considering running for political office and they will be critical to advancing Everytown’s coordinated electoral strategy by establishing relationships with candidates and allies in their respective regions.
Candidates should be self-starters with a proven track record of managing electoral campaigns and delivering candidate training. Note: this role is tied to the campaign cycle and will run through December 2022. This position is based in New York City and will require travel (when it is safe to do so).
- Assess training and resource needs of candidates within region
- Organize and deliver high quality training sessions and workshops for candidates in region in line with overall program goals and objectives
- Develop informational and resource materials for use by all program participants
- Engage and build relationships with candidates in region and create opportunities for candidates to connect and facilitate mentorship
- Serve as conduit between organization and candidates in region as part of broader organizational coordinated electoral program, identifying opportunities to support candidates in key races and to elevate gun safety in accordance with overall organizational goals
- Build relationships with allies and partners in region to support training needs of candidates on issues outside of gun safety
- Recruit candidates up and down the ballot for participation in the program with emphasis on identifying a diverse pool of candidates who have a history of gun safety activism
- Track and report participation and engagement of candidates in region
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 3-5+ years of experience in political campaigns, progressive non-profits (with an organizing focus) or within similar entities.
- 1-3+ years of experience in training political candidates, campaign staff, and/or volunteers, including experience building a curriculum for candidates who are new to running for office
- Experience delivering both in-person and virtual trainings
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively by making and meeting team goals
- Ability to work independently and to drive and manage own workload
- Excellent communication and time management skills, with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to be flexible in a fast paced environment
- Flexible work schedule - some evening and weekend hours are required
- Demonstrated experience managing relationships with external partners at the state and local level
- Basic proficiency in Google Suite and the ability to quickly learn new systems
- Ability to travel on behalf of the organization (when deemed safe) throughout the region as needed
This position will be based in New York City or Washington DC.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture is at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.