Summary: The Host Home Liaison is a designated Developmental Disabilities Professional and provides leadership and ensures Support Companion Quality with Host Home regulations. The Host Home Liaison provides comprehensive support services to host homes in the community and conducts visits to monitor the health and safety of the host home while ensuring quality with regulatory standards. The employee will work with the Quality Manager to help facilitate the growth of our host homes and ensure training requirements are met. This position requires a candidate with independence, high drive, and excellent time management skills. Our Disability program is designed to integrate adults, adolescents, and children with disabilities into community settings as active participants. This position services the North Georgia region/area and is up to 25% travel. Applicant must reside within the service region/area.
- Ensures that all approved Support Companions and Sitters are in quality with requirements identified in Extended Reach.
- Maintains and documents regular and frequent communication with potential and current host homes in the assigned area.
- Completes home studies for potential host homes and keeps current host home studies up to date.
- Ensures the accuracy and quality of every home study following Inspiritus policy and DBHDD standards
- Establishes collaborative relationships with Support Coordinators and PLAs to increase referrals of individuals to host homes and oversees the matching process of those referrals.
- Initiates and participates in local recruitment efforts in counties targeted for growth, including participation in local community events and fairs
- Monitors and maintains statistics necessary to measure the effectiveness of various recruitment efforts using dashboards
- Monitors and maintains data on Quality rates in a monthly report to the Quality Manager.
- Works in collaboration with the RN Case Manager to maintain the individual's support needs with the host home Quality.
- Conducts quarterly Support Companion meetings for company updates and training opportunities
- Maintains continued information on the family web to Host Homes to ensure information about regulations is known.
- Sets up and maintains Relias training accounts for Support Companions, ensuring that training is assigned to meet DBHDD and Inspirits Training requirements.
- Maintains an active list of open beds and sitters for alternative care and collaborates with the RN Case Manager to execute alternate care in planned events and emergencies.
- Strives toward excellence in innovation, performance, and regulatory Quality working with the Quality Manager to ensure that Inspiritus, standard operating procedures are maintained and up to date with all DBHDD policies.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Participates in training, fundraising events, and other Inspiritus activities and initiatives such as performance and quality improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet program needs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Oversite of independent contractors (Support Companion and sitters) for the Host Home Quality.
- Processes and submit host home Reimbursement holds due to non-quality.
- Manages Inspiritus assets, i.e., supplies and equipment, in a manner that is considered productive, in the best interest of Inspiritus, Inc., and conforms with approved budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in human services such as social work or a related field such as sociology, psychology, etc., and two (2) years of relevant, recent work experience in disability services or experience working with IDD population or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess excellent professionalism and training skills
- Ability to forge a mutually respectful professional partnership with Support Companions and sitters and help them gain the skills and confidence to address any issues and problems they face.
- Ability to work independently and in partnership with other team members.
- Must pass a comprehensive background check including work references and criminal background check
- Must be computer and internet literate with competencies in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) and database/electronic case management system
- Must have the ability to communicate with all persons in a professional and culturally competent manner.
- Must hold a valid Georgia Driver’s license, possess a reliable personal, multi-passenger vehicle, and have personal auto insurance and a good driving record.
- Master’s degree in Human Services or related field
- Regularly required to talk and hear. Required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls: and reach with hands and arms. Required to operate a personal vehicle.
- The employee frequently lifts and or moves 20+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee travels by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions. This position may require to travel up to 10% of the time locally and throughout the assigned area sites. . Inspiritus is a mobile workforce, so employees must have the ability to work from home, in the field, and from Inspiritus offices, as necessary.