Access Care of Coastal Texas (ACCT) provides compassionate, community-based access to care for persons with HIV, as well as prevention and health education to the people of Coastal Texas. ACCT helps clients address their health issues through counseling, referral services and direct financial assistance for transportation, rent, utilities, health insurance medication and nutrition.
Founded in 1985, ACCT serves Galveston, Brazoria, and Matagorda counties along the Texas Gulf Coast. The office is located in the heart of Galveston, with outreach to other locations in the service area. It currently has 360 active clients.
ACCT has a closely-knit staff of 13 persons who are passionately dedicated to the mission. With reliable revenue streams over $2 million annually and healthy reserve funds, it is financially strong and positioned for growth.
Access Care of Coastal Texas is seeking a compassionate and empowering leader to serve as its new Executive Director. Fostering a healthy and nurturing environment for staff and board and building strong relationships in the community will be key indicators of success. ACCT is poised to grow under the leadership of the new Executive Director who will guide the organization to the next level as it seeks to enhance services to its clients and the broader community.
- Develop, implement, and regularly review operational plans, policies, and goals that further the mission of providing compassionate, community-based access to care for persons with HIV.
- Lead forward-thinking innovative and creative strategic planning process to chart the future of the organization.
- Build and maintain a culture which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff who are committed to the mission.
- Attend and participate in board meetings; provide support to the Board of Directors, and keep the board fully informed of operations within the organization.
- Oversee effective and cost-efficient programs and client services.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of developments and trends in the field.
- Ensure accurate and complete financial and accounting records are kept and that financials controls are met.
- Work with the board in the preparation of the annual budget and ensure that financial goals are achieved and operating expenses are within budget.
- Work with the Board of Directors to manage fundraising campaigns, donor cultivation and developing grant proposals to further the mission of the organization.
- Hire, supervise and, when necessary, dismiss staff, maintaining adequate documentation of staffing-related events.
- Lead, coach and develop the organization’s staff to create a cohesive team.
- Ensure ongoing training, education and development of staff.
- Conduct performance appraisals as required and present slate of salary increases/bonuses to board for final approval.
- Ensure volunteers are engaged and recognized for their work.
Professional Qualifications & Personal Characteristics
- Passion for the mission of ACCT and compassion for the people it serves.
- Minimum of 5+ years of management experience.
- Values diversity and creating an organizational culture that appreciates and respects differences.
- Excellent relationship-building and demonstrated ability to cultivate community partnerships and engage with private and public sectors.
- Flexible and cooperative approach to problem solving.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Positive attitude that encourages participation and enthusiasm.
- Respects other people’s viewpoints and skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Open to new ideas and willing to compromise when beneficial.
- Displays integrity, self-confidence, persuasiveness, decisiveness, and creativity.
- Prior experience in writing and editing grants is a plus.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience.
Location & Compensation
The Executive Director of Access Care of Coastal Texas is based in Galveston, Texas. Some travel within the service area and outside is required.
ACCT offers a competitive employee benefits package that includes:
- Fully paid health and dental insurance premiums
- 401K retirement plan with employer matching up to 3%
- Paid vacation time
- 11 paid holidays
- 3 free personal days
- Sick leave accrued 4 hours every 2 weeks up to 160 hours
- Tuition reimbursement
The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience.
Access Care of Coastal Texas does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, racial minority or majority status, marital status or gender expression/identity in any phase of its hiring admissions, programs or activities. A full copy of the non-discrimination policy may be furnished upon request.
The search for the new Executive Director is being conducted for ACCT by The Moran Company. To apply for this position, submit cover letter and resume to Steven Byers through the secure online portal. For best chance of consideration, applications are encouraged by October 15, 2021.
Questions may be directed to Steve.Byers (at) MoranCompany.com.