Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
Work Location: Remotely (September-May); On site (June-August)
This role is responsible for filling open positions, both seasonal and full-time, at Buck’s Rock.
Buck’s Rock is a residential summer camp, where young artists ages 11-17 can make their own choices, follow their own passions, and create their own incredible summer experience. Our mission Is to provide a safe, non-competitive environment where campers have the freedom of choice to explore the performing and creative arts.
We invite people from historically marginalized communities, such as BIPOC, LGBTQ folx, and people with a wide range of abilities to apply.
Due to COVID-19 we will have a remote interview process and any on-site meetings will follow state mandated protocol.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working in coordination with our Board of Directors and Operations team to identify the staffing requirement for a new or open position.
- Crafting an accurate and detailed job description to attract the best candidates and connect with employees to augment job descriptions as needed;
- Advertising job listings on suitable and inclusive sites and setting expectations for the interview process.
- Researching and reaching out to programs and organizations that help place applicants with adequate experience that would benefit Buck’s Rock, including attending various job fairs.
- Reviewing initial/first time applications as well as returning staff applications
- Handling local and international applicants with regards to the various requirements and agencies that Buck’s Rock uses.
- Managing the hiring process from recruitment to onboarding and continuing to periodically follow up with hires.
- Serving as the point person and primary interviewer during the interview process. The Hiring Manager will often conduct the first interview after a candidate passes through the initial screening.
- Marketing new job opportunities internally and seeking employee referrals from peers and teams.
- Writing the job offer, and negotiating the terms of the employment contract with the chosen candidate.
- Making the final hiring decision, pending executive approval.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in hiring (ex. non-profit, educational, arts, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Preferred)
The Hiring Manager will:
- Be detailed oriented and highly organized;
- Be aligned with the camp’s mission of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion;
- Have substantial experience in hiring for summer camps, education institutions, and/or arts nonprofits.
- Excellent leadership and team building skills with a hands-on, lead-by-example work style.
- Ability to create a culture of accountability.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Commitment to the advancement of the already established, authentic, and beloved culture of the camp.
- Ability to manage applicant relationships with mutual respect
- Able to maintain a high standard camp experience while supporting the new not-for-profit mission.
- Ability to schedule meetings and interviews as well as maintain timely communication.
Company's Facebook page: