Role on the Team
The primary role of this position is to direct ministry and outreach to the Young Adults of NAPC and the community of Midtown as a whole. Additionally, they will lead, along with the Sr. Pastor, within a 5:45 worship service if/when it happens.
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as full benefits.
Qualifications and Skills
- A passion for the Gospel of Christ and evident fruits of the Spirit
- Experience and proven effectiveness in leadership, teaching, and gathering people.
- Ability to articulate a vision for ministry to young adults, evangelistic outreach, and community engagement and to recruit volunteers in carrying out that vision
- Flexibility and preparedness to adapt to changing circumstances
- Willingness to take risks and try new approaches
- A generous spirit and desire to work collaboratively with team members
- A commitment to good communication and preparedness
- A healthy and growing self-awareness and emotional maturity
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
Education - Master of Divinity, minimum, and ordained or ordainable in the PC-USA
- Young Adults
- Teach or delegate teaching responsibilities for a Sunday School class on Sunday morning.
- Provide overall coordination, direction, and training of a leadership team.
- Plan or delegate the planning of Young Adults special events and social gatherings.
- Maintain/coordinate social media presence for the Young Adults Ministry.
- Build relationships with campus ministries at area colleges for outreach.
- Along with the Senior Pastor, plan, provide worship leadership, and preach for a 5:45 p.m. service.
- Coordinate volunteer logistics team for 5:45 service.
- Teach, preach, and participate in the morning worship services as needed, under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
- Assist the Senior Pastor and Ministry Staff in strategic planning, vision implementation, officer training, etc.
- Participate on the Ministry Staff Team.
- Make pastoral visits as appropriate and when requested.
- Participate in baptisms, weddings, funerals, and Holy Communion as requested.
- Be present for pastoral care and connection at each of the worship services.
- Attend staff meetings/officer meetings.
If interested, please submit a cover letter with a brief statement as to why you are the best fit for this job, your resumé and several references to Kenny Kyle, Executive Director of Finance and Operations, at email@example.com or by mail to his attention at North Avenue Presbyterian Church, 607 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308.