FrameWorks is an action-oriented think tank for progressive movements.
We conduct cutting-edge social science research to understand how to change the way people think, feel, and act and engage with partners who can mobilize this research to build power around progressive solutions.
We believe framing is critical to making cultural and systemic change. That’s why we’re building a unique, integrated team of multidisciplinary researchers and real-world changemakers.
This is an exciting time to join FrameWorks. And we want you to be a part of it.
About the position: Research Operations Manager
We’re seeking an experienced administrative manager to join our team of social science researchers. This position will manage research recruitment, track project status and timelines, monitor and help to manage staff workload, and coordinate other research logistics and processes. This work is central in enabling FrameWorks to support communicators and other advocates in shifting public discourse, influencing culture, and seeding policy change around progressive solutions.
The Research Operations Manager will support a team conducting framing research for partners across progressive movements. The position is critical to FrameWorks’ ability to develop effective frames for the fields of economic justice, health equity, children and families, and other targeted movements.
The ideal candidate is someone who has strong administrative, project management and vendor relationship skills; demonstrated experience in successfully supporting a busy team; is intellectually curious, creative, and innovative; and is committed to advancing inclusion and equity.
This full-time position will initially work remotely due to the Covid-19 pandemic. In the future, the position will be based in FrameWorks' Washington DC office, with options for working from home available.
- Manage and track the recruitment of research participants in coordination with outside vendors and maintain appropriate records on participants.
- Enter and update projects, their status, and timelines in Celoxis, FrameWorks’ project management system.
- Track and report on staff workloads and availability and work with research managers to address workload issues when they arise.
- Maintain accurate and complete records in connection with research proposals, deliverables, and reporting dates.
- Schedule research interviews for members of the team.
- Manage and negotiate, where appropriate, contracts with outside researchers, consultants, and vendors.
- Staff the research management team, identifying project management issues (e.g., timeline or recruitment issues) and suggesting possible solutions.
- Draft annual expenditure budget for the team.
- Innovate processes for research logistics and the overall operations of the research team.
- Commitment to FrameWorks’ mission, including organizational commitments to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with project management software and ability to quickly master FrameWorks’ Celoxis system
- Ability to work productively with partners and vendors
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative, multidisciplinary, partner-oriented team
- Exceptional time-management skills; ability to thrive in a fast-paced organization and get things done; strategic and practical judgment to move work forward; flexibility and ability to adapt to changing needs
The ideal candidate will possess:
- At least 3 years of combined education and work experience in project management and/or other administrative work, preferably with a progressive nonprofit social change organization or movement
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: partner management, vendor management, scheduling, project budgeting
- Proficiency with a wide range of software and database programs, including project management software
- Interest in social science research
- Experience in building collaborative partnerships with other operations staff throughout an organization
- Demonstrated ability to integrate principles of equity, justice, and inclusion into daily work
- Experience working collaboratively on a diverse team
- : $65,000, depending on experience
Please submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject header line Research Operations Manager 2021:
- Resume or CV with complete employment history and educational background
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the position, its relevance to your career goals and past experience, as well as where and how equity and social justice fit into your professional and/or academic experiences
Review of all applications will begin immediately and continue until the search process concludes. Please check FrameWorks’ website (www.frameworksinstitute.org) to ensure that the position is still available before applying. No solicitations, please.
FrameWorks Institute is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Interested individuals who are BIPOC, women, persons with disabilities, and people who identify as LGBTQIA+ are strongly encouraged to apply.