Site Design & Permit Coordinator Job Details
Job Type: Full-time
Atlanta, GA • Construction
Overview: The mission of Atlanta Habitat for Humanity is to partner with families, sponsors and communities to build affordable, green, quality homes and to provide support services that promote successful home purchase and ownership. The Site Design & Permit Coordinator supports Atlanta Habitat’s mission by assisting in the research, design, permitting, and implementation phases of home building.
The Site Design and Permit Coordinator is directly responsible for:
- Creating all construction documentation for permitting and construction.
- Designing site plans for new construction, renovations, and demolitions.
- Completing tree replacement requirements for individual lots. To include marking, meeting with city officials, and coordinating the removal process with construction activities.
- Ensuring construction project managers have all necessary documentation for new construction.
- Supporting the Site Planning and Development Department in achieving annual goals.
The position is full-time, minimum 40 hours per week. Office hours for this position are on Mondays through Fridays. Flexible schedule options outside of regular 8:30 am to 5:00 pm weekday business hours must be worked out with the supervisor. Some evening and weekend work may be required. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. A full benefits package is offered including employer-subsidized health and vision insurance, paid time off (PTO), a retirement savings plan with employer matching and an employee gym.
Qualified Candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience preferred, preferably construction or design related.
- Formal training or a minimum of three years of hands-on experience utilizing AutoCAD and Revit software.
- Solid understanding of engineering principles and architectural standards, prefer applied experience.
- Proven interest in site design, permitting, construction, and community development.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Revit software.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat applications. Experience with Photoshop preferred.
- Independent, responsible and able to prioritize work requirements and deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a design/construction related environment, which will include field work.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Able to meet deadlines, pay attention to details, and follow through to complete tasks.
Please no walk-ins, phone calls or faxes. More information about Atlanta Habitat for Humanity may be found on our website www.atlantahabitat.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Atlanta Habitat is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Atlanta Habitat is located in the Reynoldstown neighborhood in Atlanta, and is near MARTA bus and rail lines.
Atlanta Habitat is a Drug-Free Workplace. This position is subject to a criminal background and credit check, periodic DMV checks for driving record and valid driver’s license, and drug and alcohol testing. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of all checks and testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Atlanta Habitat is dedicated to a policy of equal opportunity. We will give fair and equal treatment to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Atlanta Habitat to prohibit discrimination or harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, religion, sex, disability, familial status, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, past or present military status, receipt of public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices and personnel actions, including compensation, recruitment, training, working conditions and opportunities for advancement.