The mission of Atlanta Habitat for Humanity is to partner with working families, sponsors and communities to build affordable, green, quality homes and to provide support services that promote successful home purchase and ownership. The ReStore is Atlanta Habitat’s home improvement outlet, open to the public. The ReStore generates revenue through the sale of donated and reclaimed building materials and supplies. All proceeds support Atlanta Habitat’s mission. The ReStore Sales and Volunteer Assistant supports Atlanta Habitat’s mission by serving as a point of contact for donors and customers, coordinating the volunteer program for the ReStore, and representing Atlanta Habitat for Humanity as well as the ReStore.
The ReStore Sales and Volunteer Assistant is directly responsible for:
Coordinating the daily volunteer activities of the ReStore, including tasking and monitoring volunteer activities
- Interacting positively with donors and customers
- Assisting with the retail operation, including operating the Point of Sale (POS) system and making sales
- Supporting donation procurement
- Providing superior customer service to donors and customers
- Following all store policies and procedures
- Supporting the ReStore in reaching annual goals
The position is full-time with an expected average work week of 40 hours. The ReStore is open Monday through Saturday and hours vary seasonally. A flexible schedule, including occasional evening work is required. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. A full benefits package is offered including employer subsidized health insurance, paid time off (PTO), employee gym access, and a retirement savings plan with employer matching.
Qualified Candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Prior retail sales experience preferred.
- Retail experience with construction or building materials and/or hardware preferred.
- Knowledge of the volunteer program for the ReStore and proficiency with Volunteer Hub preferred..
- General knowledge of fair market values of new and used building materials.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, perform heavy manual tasks, work standing or walking for a full workday, and be capable of performing outside duties under all weather conditions.
- Operate POS system with proficiency.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks.
- Able to coordinate volunteers with a wide range of skills and abilities.
- Good computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Internet research ability a plus.
- Able to interact with a variety of customers, donors, volunteers, and staff.
- Able to respond to emergency situations calmly and effectively.
Please no walk-ins, phone calls or faxes. Only candidates meeting all position requirements will be considered. More information about Atlanta Habitat for Humanity may be found on our website www.atlantahabitat.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Atlanta Habitat is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Atlanta Habitat is located in the Reynoldstown neighborhood in Atlanta, and is near MARTA bus and rail lines.
Atlanta Habitat is a Drug-Free Workplace. This position is subject to a criminal background check, periodic DMV checks for driving record and valid driver’s license, and drug and alcohol testing. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of all checks and testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Atlanta Habitat is dedicated to a policy of equal opportunity. We will give fair and equal treatment to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Atlanta Habitat to prohibit discrimination or harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, religion, sex, disability, familial status, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, past or present military status, receipt of public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices and personnel actions, including compensation, recruitment, training, working conditions and opportunities for advancement.