The Aspen Institute is a global nonprofit organization committed to realizing a free, just, and equitable society. Founded in 1949, the Institute drives change through dialogue, leadership, and action to help solve the most important challenges facing the United States and the world. Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Institute has a campus in Aspen, Colorado, and an international network of partners. More information is available at www.aspeninstitute.org
The Society of Fellows (SOF) is a national community of diverse and distinguished leaders who sustain and support the values-based work of the Aspen Institute. Members of SOF enjoy unparalleled access to Institute programs and events, including unique experiences with nationally-recognized speakers and thought leaders. They are the first to know about Aspen Institute events, and they receive special invitations to member-exclusive programs across the country.
Position Description: The Programs and Communications Associate for the Society of Fellows (SOF) is responsible for the planning and execution of SOF programs on the East Coast and other locations around the country, as well as communications with SOF members and updating the SOF website, calendar, and other digital assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program Planning and Execution: Plan and execute SOF programs, including securing venues, drafting staffing plans and runs-of-show, overseeing registration process, tracking attendance lists, generating nametags, vendor management (catering, rentals, décor, audio/video recording management, photography, valet, security, etc.), adherence to budget, invoice tracking and payment, staffing, NPSP page set up, backend Zoom logistics for virtual programs, and post-event follow up.
- Communications: Draft, edit, and send event invitations and reminders, SOF email newsletter, text message communications, Aspen IDEAS magazine submissions, and any other special messages and announcements.
- Updating SOF Web Pages, Calendar, and Other Digital Assets: Maintain up-to-date information on SOF web pages, including the Upcoming Events page and SOF Calendar.
- SOF Member Portal Management: Ensure the operational efficiency of the SOF Member Portal.
- Special Projects Support: Coordinate special projects or programs as directed by supervisor.
- General Assistance: Provide general support to SOF team for programs and member engagement.
- Billing Support: Submitting RFPs and payment requests.
- Database and Software User: Assist with data entry, data cleanup, and producing basic reports, including event registrant lists.
- General Administrative Assistance: Support the SOF team with mailings, calendaring, scheduling, etc.
Interacts routinely with the SOF team, the Office of Institutional Advancement team, and Aspen Institute employees at large; SOF members and Aspen Institute trustees; high-profile experts in a variety of fields.
Knowledge, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Deliverables-focused professional who can work comfortably in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Able to work effectively with various team members on multiple projects at once.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized with ability to manage various deadlines.
- At least 2-4 years of professional experience in non-profit event planning or programming and/or communications and marketing.
- Passionate interest in current events, cultural trends, and ideas related to The Aspen Institute's work and mission.
- Strong ability to quickly master CRM database and project management software. Luminate CRM and/or Teamwork experience preferred.
- Keen sense of personal integrity and discretion with handling sensitive information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with high level colleagues and donors. Ability to represent The Aspen Institute to donors in a positive, knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Exemplary customer service skills when interacting with donors or other external parties.
- Excellent administrative skills with effective management of time in a deadline-intensive environment.
- Excellent writing and editing skills for effective marketing and communications.
Level of Authority:
- No supervisory authority.
- No budgetary authority.
- Opportunity to build development and event production skills from experienced team.
- May involve some travel for training, meetings, and events.
The Institute has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy for all employees who will work at one of our physical locations, attend any of our in-person events or travel on behalf of the Institute. Staff unable to be vaccinated may request an exemption under certain circumstances.
The Aspen Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all District and federal laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/X721ozu5RdGaHX8I5ybV