Gateway Middle School is committed to helping each student – regardless of learning style or previous academic achievement – learn the skills, habits and knowledge necessary for success in college and beyond. Foundational to our approach is a commitment to anti-racist practices that address white supremacy in our society and in our institutions.
Key Characteristics of Gateway Middle School:
- A small school where all students are known well and supported to achieve at high levels
- A diverse student body that is supported to be active partners in their education
- A strong commitment to and respect for diversity and difference
- An emphasis on four core values and restorative practices to develop positive relationships and community
- A faculty who believes that all students learn differently and who vary their approaches to meet individuals’ needs
- A supportive adult community characterized by continuous learning, reflection and collaboration--particularly in support of anti-racist, inclusive, and equity-focused practices.
- Support & Substitute Teacher Responsibilities Include:
Provide support and/or coverage for classes around the school
- Bring a mission-consistent, warm demander approach to each environment
- Build relationships with students and staff
- Commitment to Gateway's mission, including a desire to work with a diverse student body
- Desire to be part of building the larger school culture and community
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff, students and parents
- Current California substitute or emergency substitute teaching permit, or eligibility to receive one (at least 90 college units)
- Bilingual and BIPOC candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Salary range begins at $50,000 plus full benefits, 10-month schedule
- Opportunities for advancement
To apply: Please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resume and a cover letter commenting on your understanding of and commitment to Gateway's mission
- Contact information for three professional references
- Proof of a CA substitute teacher permit or information indicating your eligibility to receive one
- Gateway’s Mission:
Gateway Middle School supports and challenges all students to discover their unique potential, actively participate in their community, and develop skills and habits to achieve excellence in high school and college.
For more information about Gateway Middle School, please visit our website at www.gatewaymiddle.org