Job Title: Benefits Enrollment Specialist / SNAP Case Manager - Dalton Office
Department: Family Well Being Department
Reports to: SNAP program manager
Status: Full Time/Exempt
This is a grant-funded, time-limited position. Funding for this position is guaranteed through September 2022 with the opportunity for grant renewal for an additional year at that time.
About LAA: The mission of the Latin American Association (LAA) is to empower Latinos to achieve their aspirations for academic, social and economic advancement. Our vision is ‘Opportunity for all.’
Founded in 1972 to serve Atlanta’s then-emerging Latino population, the LAA has grown to become the region’s leading agency representing Latino issues. The LAA invests in individuals’ and families’ abilities to pursue education, employment and other opportunities that lead to improved economic stability and quality of life. Our 42 year history and community-based mission render the organization truly unique in its work and capabilities. The LAA stands as the oldest, most trusted and only fully bilingual organization in the region focused exclusively on the needs and concerns of the Latino community.
Serving nearly 44,000 individuals each year, the LAA offers Atlanta area Latinos an extensive range of evidence-based services, programs and supports to help them fully and successfully integrate into the community. Our core programs include: Family Well Being; Economic Empowerment; Immigration Legal Services; Youth Education and Adult Language Services.
Program Goal: The goal of the Family Well Being Department is to stabilize Latino individuals and families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless to prevent housing loss and further self-sufficiency.
Position Purpose: The SNAP Case Manager will work as a member of Family Services Department to provide direct service delivery, specifically SNAP benefits outreach and enrollment assistance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct outreach to educate the Latino community about SNAP benefits through presentations, workshops, representation at events and other activities as assigned
- Provide one-on-one bilingual pre-screenings of Latino individuals to determine SNAP benefits eligibility and one-on-one enrollment assistance using the web-based GATEWAY system as well as remote benefits enrollment assistance service in different locations.
- Connect clients to stabilizing LAA resources and services including emergency financial assistance, food and clothing assistance, benefits enrollment assistance, employment services, immigration legal services and domestic violence legal services.
- Provide clients with referrals and access to stabilizing community resources, including primary health care, mental health services, civil legal aid and other supports
- Provide scheduled client follow up at 60 days to confirm receipt of SNAP benefits and provide additional support and services as necessary
- Maintain accurate case files, client records and other agency documents
- Record client data using the Efforts to Outcomes database as required
- Provide weekly and monthly service reports
- Comply with all organizational, departmental and program guidelines, policies and procedures
- Fluency in both English and Spanish REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services or related field required
- Excellent written, oral presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties as may be required by their supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
To submit a resume or for more information, please contact Cynthia Roman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the LAA at www.thelaa.org.